Toad World® Forums

About the width on Object Tab, under Category feature.

Hi
I am wondering if it is possible to make the width of the “Available panel” to have the same width as the “Selected Panel”(Right hand side panel).
E.g.

I find it would be useful, when the user has use more than certain number of characters on their table name, they still be able to read the whole table name. At the moment when we has a long table name, which has the same table name in first part, we need to scroll the columns before we can select the table name and put it into the category.

I would be grateful if we allow to select the table name by pressing the key on keyboard.

E.g. when we click on “P” on keyboard, it will bring us to the section where the tables name which start from “P”. If you press “C”, it would jump to the section when the tables name start with “C”.

It especially help when you has a massive database, with a lots of tables.

Please let me know if you want me to explain more.

Many thanks

Chi

Added extra suggestion about the Available Panel

Message was edited by: Chi

Hi Chi,

I am wondering if it is possible to make the width of the “Available panel” to have the same width as the “Selected Panel”(Right hand side panel).

Unfortunately, at the moment it’s not possible to change the width of the pane “Available”.
Nevertheless, your remark is great. We will definitely add this possibility. CR #33 332.

Chi, your co-operation is fantastic!

Thanks!

Vladka

Hi Vladka

Thanks. = )

I have one more suggestion on Category feature, while you were replying my POST. Please see the suggestion below.

I would be grateful if we allow to select the table name by pressing the key on keyboard.

E.g. when we click on “P” on keyboard, it will bring us to thesection where the tables name which start from “P”. If you press “C”,it would jump to the section when the tables name start with “C”.
–>(Which is the same features as the key press function Physical Model Explorer)

It especially helpful when you has a massive database, with a lots of tables.

Many thanks

Chi

Hello Chi,

• Another helpful suggestion from you. Thanks! - CR # 33 334.

Regards,

Vladka