Accessing foreign keys from Entity Properties

I think it would be a good enhancement if the popup to edit an entity had a tab so that the foreign keys defined for the entity would be visible (and hopefully editable).

You could think of it as another path to get to the “Relationship Properties” that exist for this entity where this entity was the child table.

The modeler that I’m most familar with (Oracle JDeveloper) does this and it is very convenient. In fact that produce does not have a separate “Relationship Properties” dialog, but when you double click the relationship line it brings up the “Edit Table” dialog positioned to the “Foreign Key” section and has the particular foreign key that I clicked on selected.

Just a thought.

Thanks

Morgan

I think this is a good idea - because some users (especially modeling novices) might not think to use the relationship line to edit this info. And for experts it would be a handy shortcut to get to the same info. Good thinking :slight_smile:

Hello,

Please check out the latest Beta. (You can install full v. and Beta on one PC. Beta uses different config and other files than the full version.)

When you edit an entity there, take notice of the new tab Relationships. It might help.

Why do we have the Relationship Properties dialog?

More relationships can lead to one entity. Therefore it’s better to have Property dialog for each relationship. You can set up more properties and detailed settings of the relationship. You can map foreign keys comfortably. Etc.

Please see the attached screenshots of the new Relationship tab plus new pop-up option for relationships. You might like these improvements.
They will be available in next full TDM release.

If you have any questions or comments, please write us back. Thanks.

Regards,

Vladka + TDM Team
Relationships_popup.png

Hello,

Please check out the latest Beta. (You can install full v. and Beta on one PC. Beta uses different config and other files than the full version.)

When you edit an entity there, take notice of the new tab Relationships. It might help.

Why do we have the Relationship Properties dialog?

More relationships can lead to one entity. Therefore it’s better to have Property dialog for each relationship. You can set up more properties and detailed settings of the relationship. You can map foreign keys comfortably. Etc.

Please see the attached screenshots of the new Relationship tab plus new pop-up option for relationships. You might like these improvements.
They will be available in next full TDM release.

If you have any questions or comments, please write us back. Thanks.

Regards,

Vladka + TDM Team
Relationships_tab.png