auto capitalization of keywords when typing

Is there a way to have Toad automatically capitalize keywords when they’re typed? The editor automatically changes the color from black to blue or pink or green etc. for keywords but can it also capitalize them? Under Tools | Options | Editor | Formatter | Case | Keywords it is already set to Uppercase. That must be for code generated by Toad, not typed by the user though because it leaves typed keywords lowercase (if that’s how they’re typed) even with this set to Uppercase.

1 Like

For now there is no such feature. But I’m not sure if it is really needed. Just Format your sql with current format settings and you will get it.

How it sounds to you?

How do I format the code with current format settings? I don’t see a Format toolbar… Please give step-by-step instructions for how to do this. Thanks.

Heather, this is very easy to fix.
image002.jpeg

image001.jpeg

image001.gif

12 years old and still a good idea! I think this is a valid idea and needed because there is no Toad formatter option that will ONLY capitalize keywords -this is what I want it to do most of the time. In fact, I can't find a formatter site on the internent that will only capitalize key words and I would love to see this added to Toad -especially Data Point. My preference would be for an option in the formatter to ONLY capitalize key words instead of auto auto-correct as you type. I'll post a new thread.