Automated code analysis of dynamic file list

Hi

I would like to do a (nightly) code analysis on multiple files with code analyzer. The file list is not fixed as projects evolve. As far as I oversee the automate process, the automate action uses a fixed list of files. Is there a way to configure it dynamically?

Scenario: we are a group of developers working on the same or different projects. We cannot use the code analysis feature at check in time because we are using TFS and our project structure does not meet the TOAD requierments (as we have objects from more than one project in one schema).

So the resort would be to have a process checking out the files from TFS automatically and then run the code analysis. But this requires that the code analysis can be configured dynamically.

Do we need to write an ini-file dynamically and call TOAD on command line? Are there alternatives?

Regards,

Thorsten

In the Code Analysis Action, there is a button to allow you to add the contents of a directory to scan. It then opens a dialog allowing you to set the filter. In the attached screen capture, you will see that I’ve set my example to scan from my c:\work\input folder and look for *.prc, *.fnc, and *.pkb. Simply add any filters you need or just choose . if you simply want to scan everything in that folder.

From: thorsten.herrmann [mailto:bounce-thorstenherrmann@toadworld.com]

Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 5:51 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Automated code analysis of dynamic file list

Automated code analysis of dynamic file list

Thread created by thorsten.herrmann

Hi

I would like to do a (nightly) code analysis on multiple files with code analyzer. The file list is not fixed as projects evolve. As far as I oversee the automate process, the automate action uses a fixed list of files. Is there a way to configure it dynamically?

Scenario: we are a group of developers working on the same or different projects. We cannot use the code analysis feature at check in time because we are using TFS and our project structure does not meet the TOAD requierments (as we have objects from more than one project in one schema).

So the resort would be to have a process checking out the files from TFS automatically and then run the code analysis. But this requires that the code analysis can be configured dynamically.

Do we need to write an ini-file dynamically and call TOAD on command line? Are there alternatives?

Regards,

Thorsten

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.