Can't connect via FTP

There have been security changes lately in our facility that seem to have disabled my ability to use FTP from TOAD. I have tried with the beta, the latest GA and earlier GAs, so I assume it’s something on our side, but I’m not sure what
to tell our infrastructure guys. Can you give me a clue what the issue is from the attached .el file?

Chris Johnson

IT Systems Analyst

Distribution Logistics

615-855-4371

Doesn’t look like the file came thru. Maybe try turning on ‘Passive (for firewalls)’, or maybe they require Secure FTP or something after the change. Doesn’t
sound like a Toad issue - might want to check with your network admins, security gurus, etc.

Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2015 8:36 AM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Can’t connect via FTP

Can’t connect via FTP

Thread created by crjohnso

There have been security changes lately in our facility that seem to have disabled my ability to use FTP from TOAD. I have tried with the beta, the latest GA and earlier GAs,
so I assume it’s something on our side, but I’m not sure what to tell our infrastructure guys. Can you give me a clue what the issue is from the attached .el file?

Chris Johnson

IT Systems Analyst

Distribution Logistics

615-855-4371

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Yeah, I’m not saying it a TOAD issue, just trying to figure out what to tell them when they say “what error are you getting?”.

It’s always been secure FTP and it has always worked until recently. I know they have been on a paranoid rampage (and justifiably so) to beef up security in
the wake of all the recent “intrusions” at other companies. I’m just trying to go to them with something a little more meaningful than “it doesn’t work”.

From: Dennis Paulus [mailto:bounce-Dennis_Paulus@toadworld.com]

Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2015 8:02 AM

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Can’t connect via FTP

RE:
Can’t connect via FTP

Reply by Dennis Paulus

Doesn’t look like the file came thru. Maybe try turning on ‘Passive (for firewalls)’, or maybe they require Secure FTP or something after the change. Doesn’t
sound like a Toad issue - might want to check with your network admins, security gurus, etc.

Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2015 8:36 AM

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Can’t connect via FTP

Can’t
connect via FTP

Thread created by crjohnso

There have been security changes lately in our facility that seem to have disabled my ability to use FTP from TOAD. I have tried with the beta, the latest GA and earlier GAs,
so I assume it’s something on our side, but I’m not sure what to tell our infrastructure guys. Can you give me a clue what the issue is from the attached .el file?

Chris Johnson

IT Systems Analyst

Distribution Logistics

615-855-4371

Stop
receiving emails
on this subject.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Stop
receiving emails
on this subject.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.