Changing Database objects from other clients when Team Coding feature is enabled

Hi Team,
I have a question on team coding feature of toad.
We have done the setup in our development to integrate our code to GIT.
Now its in place for Dev.

But we have few tools like ServiceNow Perspectium which automatically alter database objects when a new table/new column added to the database.

Would this team coding feature impacts other clients ?or not let modify the objects from other clients when the object is not controlled by team coding?

As per my understanding its only when we use toad editor team coding comes into picture but please do let me know on this.

Please let me know because this is very important for us to understand as this will impact our decision to move further?

Hi Mounika,

Team Coding only controls objects from within Toad. It does not prevent other applications from changing database objects; however, it will detect when the source in the database is different than what's in the VCS provider and can prompt you to perform a merge between the two different sources when you open up objects that were modified outside of Toad if you have the prompt on differences option selected.

Hopefully that helps answer your question. Please feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

-John

Thanks John. This helps.