Cloning user via toad

We use domain authentication for our developers to access the databases. To do this I create a username of this type:

OPS$DOMAINNAME\USERNAME

When I clone that user I get several notificaitons that the script has an illegal character. I am thinking it is either the backslashes or dollar signs. I end up just scripting out the source user, doing a gloabl cut-and-paste of the username and running the script which of course works without errors. Has anybody else seen this behaviour?

Yes – tis is a simple SQLPlus scripting setting issue. You need to escape the $ and \ characters – which is a SQLPlus command that Toad adheres to SET ESCAPE

Bert Scalzo

Engr Tech Principal Engineer

Dell | Information Management

office
+1 469 888 5302

fax
+1 949 754 8999

cell+1 469 693 3300

Quest Software is now part of Dell

From: larry_webb [mailto:bounce-larry_webb@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 10:07 AM

To: oracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad World - Oracle Discussion Forum] cloning user via toad

We use domain authentication for our developers to access the databases. To do this I create a username of this type:

OPS$DOMAINNAME\USERNAME

When I clone that user I get several notificaitons that the script has an illegal character. I am thinking it is either the backslashes or dollar signs. I end up just scripting out the source
user, doing a gloabl cut-and-paste of the username and running the script which of course works without errors. Has anybody else seen this behaviour?

I am assuming from your comment that I need to submit the

SET ESCAPE OFF

To the session as it starts. Since the things I am doing is in the schema editor, unless there is a place to do this automatically as the connection is made then I don’t know
how to submit this before cloning the user.

I have gone ‘round and ‘round trying to identify where this can be automatically done in Toad.

Am I missing the forest for the trees?

Larry Webb

DBA

TeamHealth Inc.

265 Brookview Centre Way, Suite 400

Knoxville, TN 37919

From: Bert Scalzo [mailto:bounce-Bert_Scalzo@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 11:30 AM

Subject: RE: [Toad World - Oracle Discussion Forum] cloning user via toad

Yes – tis is a simple SQLPlus scripting setting issue. You need to escape the $ and \ characters – which is a SQLPlus command that Toad adheres to SET ESCAPE

Bert Scalzo

Engr Tech Principal Engineer

Dell | Information Management

office
+1 469 888 5302

fax
+1 949 754 8999

cell+1 469 693 3300

Dell Software_Dell Blue

Quest Software is now part of Dell

From: larry_webb [mailto:bounce-larry_webb@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 10:07 AM

Subject: [Toad World - Oracle Discussion Forum] cloning user via toad

OPS$DOMAINNAME\USERNAME

When I clone that user I get several notificaitons that the script has an illegal character. I am thinking it is either the backslashes or dollar signs. I end up just scripting out the source
user, doing a gloabl cut-and-paste of the username and running the script which of course works without errors. Has anybody else seen this behaviour?