Content Assist unusable

I am growing very annoyed with Content Assist. I have it set to 1500 milliseconds of delay. I edit a line and then start scrolling up and suddenly content assist kicks in. I would expect that the moment I move off the current line that the timer would be reset and not restart until I actually start typing again.

So I decided to turn off the automatic activation. But on a Mac that is an issue. The default characters are CMD-space, but on a Mac that brings up Spotlight Search. And to make matters worse the documentation shows an option for choosing manual activation keystrokes but the Preferences UI has no such option. So it is IMPOSSIBLE to manual start Content Assist.

Now I am left with constantly have to hit ESC to close the content assist popup or turn it off completely neither of those choices are optimal.

1 Like

HELLO, Quest! Does anyone support this product? I posted this message nine months ago and not a single reply from Quest. I just posted another message about a major bug under Big Sur. If I don't get t response, I will be looking to another product and contacting my credit card company. This is ridiculous.

2 Likes