Creating Unions in Query Builder

Hi everyone.

I though I would throw this question out there about creating unions in query builder.

I created about 7 queries that I would like to setup as union joins within query builder.

However, it seems that QueryBuilder- Union does not allow for import of existing TSM files. Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks.

To TDP_OWL:

Welcome back to Toad World! This sounds like a great feature enhancement. I have created a task QAT-1885 for future consideration for official support.

However, I discovered an interesting workaround which imports .TSM files into Toad Data Point. Give this a try and see if it can be accommodated to fit your needs

1. In Toad Data Point (3.4), select “VIEW -> Project Manager”
    1.png
  2. (Optional) Create a new Project
    2.png
  3. Drag and Drop your existing .TSM files into a project of your choice.
    3.png
  4. Open the Query Builder
    4.png
  5. Drag and Drop one .tsm file into the Query Builder. It will manifest itself as a subquery.
  6. Add the Union Operation
  7. Drag and Drop another .tsm file into the Query Builder. It will manifest itself as 2 subqueries, though they are actually duplicates and changes sync with each other. Note that the Query Builder will prompt to close; simply push CANCEL to continue.
  8. Modify the Subqueries as you wish, and ensure you Select something in the Parent Query
    8.png
  9. Select Execute SQL to perform the SQL
    9.png
  10. Double check the SQL that was created by looking at the Messages Tab.
    10.png
    Note that closing the Query Builder window may make a Toad Data Point Error Message appear.

Let me know if this worked for you!

-Joshua Liong