I am new to Toad (less than year with it), as we are gradually migrating away from using Hyperion (Brio). I was given a list of 21,539 part numbers and asked to return one metric on each of them (quantity sold in the last 12 months). We store this value in the INVENTORY table, so it seems to be a simple scenario. The steps that I took:
- Imported the list of parts from a .csv file into my Toad Local Storage Connection.
- Connect to the Oracle database.
- Setup a cross connection query:
- Bring in the table from local storage (TinaR_20170222)
- Bring in the INVENTORY table from Oracle
- Join on part number
- Select the part number from the local storage table.
- Select the qty RYTD from the INVENTORY table.
- Duration: 2 hours 2 minutes.
Local Storage Connection.ToadMain.TinaR_20170222 TinaR_20170222
INNER JOIN DWH_LIVE_SREDWH_OC.DW_ORDER.INVENTORY INVENTORY
SKU ID = INVENTORY.PART_NUMBER)
I grew curious while the query was processing so I tried the same steps with Hyperion; duration: less than 2 minutes.
How can this task be completed quicker with Toad Data Point 22.214.171.1245?