Cross Platform Query error when using QBE

The following sql generated by TDA errors when run. Error below sql.

SELECT K_CPIREG.PT_CODE
, K_CPIREG.FIRST_GIVEN_NAME
, K_CPIREG.SECOND_GIVEN_NAME
, K_CPIREG.SURNAME
, Case.caseId
, Case.caseStartDate
, Case.CaseMgr
, Case.Workunitprovider
FROM
CWSP (CWSSNAPADMIN), CWSSNAPADMIN.CWSSNAPADMIN.K_CPIREG K_CPIREG
INNER JOIN
sqldev2 (XXX\robemorg), JadeRpt.JadeRpt.dbo.Case Case
ON (K_CPIREG.PT_CODE = [Case].ClientId)
WHERE ([Case].caseStartDate BETWEEN ‘2011-09-12 00:00:00’ AND ‘2011-10-11 23:59:59.998’)

====================================================

Category Timestamp Duration Message Line Position
Error 12/10/2011 9:12:56 a.m. 0:00:00.000 ERROR line 13, col 25, ending_line 13, ending_col 25, Found ‘[’, Invalid identifier: [
ERROR line 13, col 26, ending_line 13, ending_col 29, Found ‘Case’, Expecting: ) ,
1 0

Oracle and sql server 2005 platforms.

Support bundle sent:
Message was edited by: WDHB

Case is not quoted correctly in the where and on clause. It shouldn’t be [Case] it should be Case.

Thanks for the reply,

Sql server uses [] around reserved words. Case is a reserved word.

The worry is, is that the sql was generated by Toad and it is incorrect.

Support bundle not accepted by quest LOL

IMPORTANT: Your email request for Support has NOT been processed.

Were sorry but we cannot process your request for support at this time. We are unable to identify the product for this request…

Please reply with complete product name or you can also create your case by visiting Case Management on our support portal.
Providing the following complete information will help to solve your case.

Detailed Problem Description including full error message text
Full Environment Details including Product name and version, OS Name and version
Relevant Log Files
Screenshots that give a visual representation of the problem
Other Diagnostic Information that may help in a complete understanding of the issue

Please note: If this is a Severity Level 1 issue, please contact Quest Support via telephone. For local hours of operation and contact numbers view Contact Support. For an explanation of Quest Support Severity Levels see our Global Support Guide.

Did you know that our support portal is available to you 24X7 and allows you to get answers quickly?

Search Knowledge Base
Search our extensive Knowledge Base to quickly find answers to common questions. Popular solutions, latest releases, product notifications, product documentation, patches, video tutorials, are just a few clicks away. New content is added every day.

Visit Communities
Join other peers to get solutions, join discussion forums, hear from experts and voice your opinion in your product community.

Open or Manage a Case
Submit a new case as well as update and review the status of open cases.

Thank you and we look forward to helping you soon.

Quest Support
http://support.quest.com

I entered CR91498 for the casing issue.

Tell me what the support item was about. Are you saying you tried to open support case and could not?

Debbie

After running the query and getting the error msg I created a support bundle which then opened my email client and attached bundle for support@quest.com which I sent.

I assume this query was generating using the Query Builder. If that is the case I just fixed the issue where columns were not quoted properly in some cases. This will be fixed in the 3.0.1 patch release due to be released soon (Should be available in a few weeks).