Documentation woes

I am reviewing the Users Guide for Data Point 3.8 and find several large gaping holes in missing information.

Examples of what I am finding are:

Chap 4, pg 36: The Note states 'this procedure does not cover all of the possible steps of visually building a query. It only covers the steps required to build a query for the scenario." Where are ALL the possible steps discussed?

pg. 56: A Note at the bottom of page states “Before you can export to Excel, the Primary Interop Assemblies (PIAs) for your version of Excel must be installed.” Where is this discussed for clarity?

Chap 5, pg. 61: The Note states “This procedure does not cover all of the possible steps of creating a data report. It only covers the steps required to create a report for the scenario.” Again, where are ALL the possible steps discussed?

Chap 6 pg. 100: There is a discussion of various activities which can be automated. This page starts with ‘Clean Data’ and states that the activity opens an existing Toad Data Cleansing file (.tdc or .tct) … How and where are these .tdc files created? Similarly, later on this page is mentions ‘Visualize Data’ and states that the activity opens an existing Toad data Visualization file (.tdv) … How and where are these .tdv files created? On page 101, there is a mention of Compare Data with a Toad Data Compare project (.dcp) file … again how are these created?

In general, I have found the current documentation to be vastly inferior to what has been produced in the past. I would assume that Dell simply picked up former Quest employees to transition to Dell and would think the documentation would be the same as previously produced but I do not find this to be the case.

Hi mike_98456,

Thank you for your thoughtful comments.

You can find more-detailed instructions in the Toad Data Point online Help. To open the online Help in Toad Data Point, select Help | Toad Help in the main menu. You can also find a Web-based version at: http://dev.toadfordataanalyst.com/webhelp/default.htm .

In the Toad Data Point Help you can learn how to create and use the Toad files you mentioned. Check out these Help topics for more information:

The Toad Data Point User Guide provides a subset of the information found in the online Help.