Editor not responding when opening too many files

This has actually happened to me (don’t know how many files I had open), so I tried to reproduce it by dragging 142 SQL-files into an editor window.

It does not always work, but usually when I close some of the tabs afterwards, TOAD becomes unresponsive.

Can anyone reproduce this?

You may want to check if Options -> Editor -> Behavior -> Backup editor every xx minutes is checked. If you have that many tabs open and then Toad tries making backups of all of them, it’s very possible that it will hang until all of the files are backed up.

Also, are you running the 32 bit or 64 bit version. If you are running the 32 bit version, you may want to consider changing to 64 bit to be able to take advantage of more memory (requires 64 bit Oracle client).

Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2016 8:34 AM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Editor not responding when opening too many files

Editor not responding when opening too many files

Thread created by Peter Lang

This has actually happened to me (don’t know how many files I had open), so I tried to reproduce it by dragging 142 SQL-files into an editor window.

It does not always work, but usually when I close some of the tabs afterwards, TOAD becomes unresponsive.

Can anyone reproduce this?

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Disabling the backup did not change the situation, after closing the fifth tab, TOAD is frozen again.

I’m using the 64 bit version.