Toad World® Forums

Export to Excel Instance Date Bug

Running Toad for Oracle Xpert version 10.5.1.3 against Oracle 11g db.

I ran a query against a table with a date field that contained the value
01/01/1900. I did an export instance off the data Grid to Microsoft office
professional 2007 excel. The date always comes over as 01/02/1900. Any ideas? Is
this a known Toad bug?

Billie McCluskey

602.808.2178

image002.gif

image002.png


That’s a MSFT issue with 1900 not being recognized as a leap year, right?

That’s a MSFT issue with 1900 not being recognized as a leap year, right?

That’s a MSFT issue with 1900 not being recognized as a leap year, right?

It may be something about leap year. (1900 was not a leap year in our current,
Gregorian, calendar.) I just exported these dates to Excel Instance from Toad
10.6.1.3 to Excel 2007 SP2, and got these results:

Oracle:

1/1/1900

1/2/1900

2/1/1900

2/28/1900

3/1/1900

Excel:

1/2/1900

1/3/1900

2/2/1900

2/29/1900

3/1/1900

However, when I export the same dates from Toad 11.0.0.103 to the same Excel, I
get the correct dates. Maybe they’ve fixed it in Toad 11; or maybe I have
an option set differently in 11 than I do in 10.6.

Nate Schroeder

Enterprise Services - Data Management Team

Monsanto Company

800 N. Lindbergh Blvd. LC4D - Saint Louis, MO - 63167

314-694-2592

It may be something about leap year. (1900 was not a leap year in our current,
Gregorian, calendar.) I just exported these dates to Excel Instance from Toad
10.6.1.3 to Excel 2007 SP2, and got these results:

Oracle:

1/1/1900

1/2/1900

2/1/1900

2/28/1900

3/1/1900

Excel:

1/2/1900

1/3/1900

2/2/1900

2/29/1900

3/1/1900

However, when I export the same dates from Toad 11.0.0.103 to the same Excel, I
get the correct dates. Maybe they’ve fixed it in Toad 11; or maybe I have
an option set differently in 11 than I do in 10.6.

Nate Schroeder

Enterprise Services - Data Management Team

Monsanto Company

800 N. Lindbergh Blvd. LC4D - Saint Louis, MO - 63167

314-694-2592

It may be something about leap year. (1900 was not a leap year in our current,
Gregorian, calendar.) I just exported these dates to Excel Instance from Toad
10.6.1.3 to Excel 2007 SP2, and got these results:

Oracle:

1/1/1900

1/2/1900

2/1/1900

2/28/1900

3/1/1900

Excel:

1/2/1900

1/3/1900

2/2/1900

2/29/1900

3/1/1900

However, when I export the same dates from Toad 11.0.0.103 to the same Excel, I
get the correct dates. Maybe they’ve fixed it in Toad 11; or maybe I have
an option set differently in 11 than I do in 10.6.

Nate Schroeder

Enterprise Services - Data Management Team

Monsanto Company

800 N. Lindbergh Blvd. LC4D - Saint Louis, MO - 63167

314-694-2592

Actually I have been reading up in the last few hours and seems to be something
to do with their EPOCH date being Dec. 31, 1899 and Jan 1, 1900 being day 0
coupled with a mythical leap year they added to 1900. I am not sure if all dates
between Jan 1-Feb 28 1900 all cause issues but I guess this serves as a heads up
to anyone that has date fields initialized to 01/01/1900 that they might not
play nice on an export to excel instance.

Glad it’s not a Toad issue….I love my Toad
image006.jpeg

Actually I have been reading up in the last few hours and seems to be something
to do with their EPOCH date being Dec. 31, 1899 and Jan 1, 1900 being day 0
coupled with a mythical leap year they added to 1900. I am not sure if all dates
between Jan 1-Feb 28 1900 all cause issues but I guess this serves as a heads up
to anyone that has date fields initialized to 01/01/1900 that they might not
play nice on an export to excel instance.

Glad it’s not a Toad issue….I love my Toad

Actually I have been reading up in the last few hours and seems to be something
to do with their EPOCH date being Dec. 31, 1899 and Jan 1, 1900 being day 0
coupled with a mythical leap year they added to 1900. I am not sure if all dates
between Jan 1-Feb 28 1900 all cause issues but I guess this serves as a heads up
to anyone that has date fields initialized to 01/01/1900 that they might not
play nice on an export to excel instance.

Glad it’s not a Toad issue….I love my Toad

Actually I have been reading up in the last few hours and seems to be something
to do with their EPOCH date being Dec. 31, 1899 and Jan 1, 1900 being day 0
coupled with a mythical leap year they added to 1900. I am not sure if all dates
between Jan 1-Feb 28 1900 all cause issues but I guess this serves as a heads up
to anyone that has date fields initialized to 01/01/1900 that they might not
play nice on an export to excel instance.

Glad it’s not a Toad issue….I love my Toad

Thanks Nathan for proving what I suspected.

Another one of those things that make ya go hmmmmmmmmmm.

Thanks Nathan for proving what I suspected.

Another one of those things that make ya go hmmmmmmmmmm.

Thanks Nathan for proving what I suspected.

Another one of those things that make ya go hmmmmmmmmmm.

Nice. You should get a coffee cup for that.

Nice. You should get a coffee cup for that.
image006.jpeg

Nice. You should get a coffee cup for that.

Nice. You should get a coffee cup for that.