Generate Data Table Order

I have a number of tables I’ve added to the “Generate Data” feature in TOAD. Because I have a lot of tables with foreign key constraints, and there is currently no data in these tables, the order the tables are seeded is important. Is there a way to order the output of the script such that I will no encounter ORA-02291: integrity constraint (…) violated - parent key not found?

Here are the options I am using:

The Generate Data feature is designed to automatically trace through foreign keys to determine the proper order for inserting data provided the “Enforce Referential Integrity” option is checked. However, if you’d like, you can always select the “Disable Constraints before Data Generation” and “Enable Constraints after Data Generation” options.

If you’re concerned about it, I would recreate the table structures in another schema as a test and perform the Data Generation with those options to that test schema. That will give you a better idea of how the generation process will work in your live environment.

-John

From: jnicholas330 [mailto:bounce-jdziurlaj@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 5:48 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Generate Data Table Order

Generate Data Table Order

Thread created by jnicholas330

I have a number of tables I’ve added to the “Generate Data” feature in TOAD. Because I have a lot of tables with foreign key constraints, and there is currently no data in these tables, the order the tables are seeded is important. Is there a way to order the output of the script such that I will no encounter ORA-02291: integrity constraint (…) violated - parent key not found?

Here are the options I am using:

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.