How to configure available memory for TOAD ..

Hello,

I’m using Toad for SQL 6.1

Quite ofter when Result set returns more than 300000 records and I want to highlight all of it in order to export I’ve got this dialog: The current number of rows being selected may exceed available memory. Please manually select a smaller number of rows.

Is it a way to configure my PC or Toad to allow to allocate more memory for this type of operation?

Thanks

Well … I found that when I’ve got this message :

“The current number of rows being selected may exceed available memory. Please manually select a smaller number of rows.”

I still could select first row + Shift + last row. This way it’ll select whole grid and I could export it.

Hello anyone: this is a workaround BUT is it an option to configure TOAD to select whole grid without workaround?

Thanks

Hi,

In Option | Editor | General , there is a setting "Use Large Script Mode for files larger than XXX".

Hope this can help you.

Hello Kelly,

Thanks for reply but it didn't help me :slight_smile:

In my case the option "Use Large Script Mode for files larger than XXX" was unchecked ...

Should I put some value there?

I tried to put small or big number but it didn't make a difference.

Hi,

I’m sorry that I missunderstand before.

As I try, when right click any grid in result sets to export data, Toad default to export all the data.It seems no need to select all of them.

For now, there is no option to set memory for export in Toad. Some row selected options are in Export wizard if you need.

And ToadforSQLServer 6.7 version also improve Export. I try to export 1000000 row and successfully. Would you like try 6.7 Beta please?

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for reply.

I think that I simply mislead myself because I was used to click on upper left corner of the grid and it selected the whole data.

Actually you are right that Toad tends to Export all data from grid no matter what you selected.

Based on the above I consider myself as ‘all set’ because I could select grid by using Shift key or simply right-click in the grid and export.

Thanks again

Sorry … but I don’t know how to mark the thread as ‘completed’ or ‘answered’ … in case user has to do it