Installation of SQL Optimizer (Toad 10.5)failed on Windows Server 2008 R2

I was told on Toad discussion group to post installation .log here, because I am not able to install SQL Optimizer on Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit. The problem is when I want to install Toad 10.5, I am geting 1603 error.

QuestSQLOptimizer_Oracle_7.5.3.1281.msi.zip (16.5 KB)

This error message indicates that the VBScript engine is not currently registered on the machine where the install/uninstall is taking place.

The VBScript engine can be quickly registered by following these steps:

1. Run Command Prompt as administrator:
    Start Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories
    Right click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator

2. Run the following command:
    Since you are using 64-bit version of Windows, type cd %windir% \syswow64 into the Command Prompt and hit Enter

3. Type regsvr32 vbscript.dll into the Command Prompt and hit Enter

If the above solution does not work, try the below alternative steps:

1. Run Command Prompt as administrator:
    Start Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories
    Right click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator

2. Type the following command in the prompt: reg delete “HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID{B54F3741-5B07-11CF-A4B0-00AA004A55E8}” /f, then hit Enter.

3. Next, you must also type the following command: c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 vbscript.dll, then hit Enter.

Thanks,
Cliff

Thank you The 2nd step helps :slight_smile:

I’m running XP Pro, .Net 2.0/3.0/3.5 installed. Got any instructions for my platform?

Hi,

To help us understand your problem, please send the installation log files under this folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Quest Software\Quest Installer\Logs

Thanks,
Alex

I zipped up the log files for today’s installation attempts and changed the zip suffix so spam filters don’t remove it.

I continued with the install after I got this error so I’d at least have Toad 10.5 and the other licensed products installed.

I followed the Microsoft instructions regarding granting permissions to the file system folders but I still had the problem. I even did a reboot.
toad_logs.zip.xxx (921 KB)

Hi,

It seems that there is older version of Quest SQL Optimizer for Oracle installed but failed to remove.

Please try the following steps:

1. Go to Control Panel->Add or Remove Programs, find Quest SQL Optimizer for Oracle and remove it manually.

2. Then install the application again.

If the above step 1 does not work, then try the following alternative steps:

1. Search for the tool in the internet “Windows Installer Clean Up” and run it. The executable name should be msicuu.exe. In the tool, select the product Quest SQL Optimizer for Oracle and remove it.

2. Then install the application again.

Thanks,
Cliff

Removing the old SQL Optimizer worked, thanks.
I see I now have three SQL OPtimizer Common installed. I assume from previous vesions of TOAD.

Hi,

what version of SQL Optimizer are installed in your machine? In fact, SQL Optimizer v7.4.x comes with SQL Optimizer Common v1, v7.5.0 comes with Common v2 and v7.5.1 or above comes with SQL Optimizer Common v2.5. So It really depends on what version of SQL Optimizer are installed and you can remove any Common not used.

Thanks,
Cliff