Issue With new Toad for Data Analysts Install

We have just installed Toad for Data Analysts V3.0.1 on a new server and intend to move over all our existing reporting and Toad automation scripts that are running on another server using TDA V2.6

The new server is running Windows Server 2008 64 bit, with Office 2010
The old server is running Windows Server 2003 and office 2003

Whist testing one of these reports on the new server I keep getting Toad crash on me after I have run the SQL query and try and “Send To Report” to send the report to Excel

The error I get is :

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: toad.exe
Application Version: 3.0.1.1734
Application Timestamp: 4e9df2c6
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16850
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e211485
Exception Code: ebf00baa
Exception Offset: 0000b9bc
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.272.7
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 1145
Additional Information 2: 1145d54f633f55d317cd2ab4c6541b42
Additional Information 3: 204a
Additional Information 4: 204a58845787d9e78ccd46e947e95ca8

Toad then shuts down on me.

However if I run the automation script that runs the same SQL query and then sends to excel report, this runs fine with no errors.

Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks

Is Office 2010 32-bit or 64? We only test with Office 32-bit.

Also, what log id are you using when scheduling automation. When automating excel requires the logid to have a profile and have run Excel before. Some people set up servers and automation using the system account and that may be problematic.

Also, see my Blog on how to debug automation.

http://www.toadworld.com/Blogs/tabid/67/EntryId/596/Debugging-the-scheduler-Why-didn-t-I-get-my-report-email.aspx

Debbie

Debbie

Thanks for your response.
The version of office 2010 that is being run is 32bit.
The logon I am using can open Excel , and excel files with no problem outside of TDA.

With regard to your link to debugging automation scripts. This is not my problem
If I run a SQL query and export to excel in an automation script all is fine.

The issue occurs when I run a query, get the results from the query, then click the “Send To Report”
I have attached a screen print to clarify which button I mean.

Many Thanks
Screen Print.docx (1.19 MB)

I see. That is different. There was a bug in that action in version 3.0. Have you upgraded to 3.1? Your operating system does not show an error stack but we did have an issue that was fixed.

You can also use the quick export menu to export to excel. Right click on the grid and choose “Quck Export” and then choose the type of export report you want.

Debbie