Issues with exporting Date fields into Excel

Hello,

We are using SQL Navigator version 7.2.0.3912. When I export the data with date fields into Excel it comes as TEXT format. i.e., if we use the filter on the column in excel, we cannot see the date fields organized as Year > Month > Days in the drop down. I have to use the excel formula DATEVALUE() and convert the text into datevalue number and format it as DD-MMM-YYYY and then apply the filter. Could you please suggest if there is any way to get the date fields into excel without having to do so many fixes in excel. I noticed this issue only in recent versions… may be from 7.1. I was using 6.4 before and did not have this issue.

Thanks

Dinesh

Hi Dinesh,

Thanks for your feedback, this problem have been fixed in 7.3 version(not relaesed), could you install the new 7.3 beta in your PC and use some new features?

The current link of 7.3 beta:

www.toadworld.com/…/57580

Regards,

Alan

Hi Alan

Still have a problem in v7.3 beta with old dates :

Regards

Martin

Hi Martin,

Do you mean the old dates lack of “hour minute second”? I’m sorry to tell you this problem is still unsolved.

but as a workaround, you need to add the hour , minute and second by your hand.

Regards,

Alan

Hi Alan

Hour and minutes is not the problem. Old dates are text and not dates. You can easily verify this with a filter :

Dates_2.png

Regards

Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your feedback, we are investigating this problem.

Regards

Alan

It’s been another year, now, and I’m not seeing a fix or workaround in any related thread. My issue for a many versions of SQL Navigator for Oracle still exports dates as text when saving in Excel format. It’s a royal pain to reformat 20-30 date columns every time I create a new spreadsheet. (I dump result sets to Excel daily.) I’m on Win 7 x64, Oracle 12c x64 & SQL Nav 7.3 x64. Thanks!

Hi Ishortt,

This was logged as SQLNAV-1916 and it has been fixed in 7.3 GA release. The current 7.4 beta works as well. Please let me know if you still find problem with 7.4 beta.

Thanks,

Vincent

Hi Vincent

Still the same problem in the last beta version. Try to export an old date like 01/01/1900 and you get a string not a date

Regards

Martin

Hi martin,

we have confirm issue that will get string format when you select old date <=01/01/1900, but if select or type the date >01/01/1900, then export excel fomat was date.

Could you pls have try to select the date >01/01/1900?

Michael

Hi Michael

With recent dates, I’ve no problems

Regards

Martin

thank you, martin

we have create new defect ID SQLNAV-2173 for the old date issue.

Michael