Toad World® Forums

It is possible to run Oracle packages from Toad Data Point 3.2?

Hi,

It is possible to run Oracle packages from Toad Data Point 3.2?

Kind regards,

Leigh

What do you mean by “run Oracle packages”?
The package navigation in Object Explorer (you can see the navigation on the left side of the Script tab of a package) has disable Execute right menu button action.
And you cannot execute a package procedure/function from here.
But you always can execute a procedure/function from the SQL editor using anonymous block.
Also you can execute a function using the following template where it executes GET_DDL from Dbms_Metadata package to get DDL for the table ADDRESS
SELECT DBMS_METADATA.GET_DDL(‘TABLE’, ‘ADDRESS’) FROM dual

Could you please clarify your question?

Hi Aleksey,

It is the same “Leigh Roy” - my work was blocking emails from this site so I have created a new account with a different email.

Thanks for your reply, I think you have answered my question. I will just need to experiment a little.

Basically I have been given privileges with my work database user account to compile/execute procedures/packages using PL/SQL. We were told that ‘Toad (Data Point)’ would not be able to accommodate this and so ‘SQL developer’ was installed. However, I like using ‘Toad’ so am basically exploring what is possible in terms of using PL/SQL with ‘Toad’.

As for your text -

“Also you can execute a function using the following template where it executes GET_DDL from Dbms_Metadata package to get DDL for the table ADDRESS SELECT DBMS_METADATA.GET_DDL(‘TABLE’, ‘ADDRESS’) FROM dual”

do you know of any links to full examples on the net?

Kind regards,

Leigh

Hi Leigh

I am glad that you like TDP.
You can look an example at http://www.techonthenet.com/oracle/questions/exec_function.php

Aleksey