Licensing rules for "Toad for Oracle"

Hi All,

I really need help with this as i don’t have much experience with this product

Could you share standard publisher licensing rules for “TOAD for Oracle”? Is it possibly a component of other products? Perhaps some are included as part of TOAD FOR ORACLE PROFESSIONAL EDITION or TOAD FOR ORACLE BASE EDITION or TOAD FOR ORACLE DB ADMIN MODULE

Specifically, I’m also trying to understand the differences across the following:

• Toad for Oracle
  • Toad for SQL Server
  • Toad for Data Analysts
  • Toad Data Modeler
  • Toad for MySQL
    So any help would be fantastic.

Regards

As far as licenses go, I’ve attached the Toad for Oracle license agreement file. Toad for Oracle is a product. There are several different “flavors” of Toad for Oracle with different features and prices for each. When you purchase licenses, you purchase them for the features you want. As for which “flavor” has what in it, you can look at this feature matrix - http://www.toadworld.com/products/toad-for-oracle/w/toad_for_oracle_wiki/538.toad-editions-and-features-matrix.

There are various “Toads” in the product line. Toad for Oracle connects to Oracle databases, Toad for SQL Server connects to SQL Server, … with each one designed to the unique needs of that user community.

Info/Trials/docs - quest.com/…/

Contact Sales - support.quest.com/…/sales

Contact Licensing - support.quest.com/…/licensing
US_STA.pdf (352 KB)

Hi Gregory,

I really appreciate your help with my request, and thank you for forwarding on the “Toad for Oracle” license agreement file.

If possible, would you also have the license agreements for the remaining Toad products (below) I mentioned in my request: (if there is any!) Or could you provide me with contacts to people who could help with these products.

· Toad for SQL Server

· Toad for Data Analysts

· Toad Data Modeler

· Toad for MySQL

I have used the Dell links you provided before in the past but I find that Dell never get back in contact with me, so really would appreciate if you can help me.

Many Thanks

Neil Murphy

Client Manager

HP Software Licensing & Management Solutions

neil-m.murphy@hpe.com

T +353 91 75 4728

Galway, Ireland

hpe.com

Next planned absence*:*

Sent: 07 September 2016 16:09

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Licensing rules for “Toad for Oracle”

RE: Licensing rules for "Toad for Oracle"

Reply by Gregory Liss

http://www.toadworld.com/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/10/5228.US_5F00_STA.pdf As far as licenses go, I’ve attached the Toad for Oracle license agreement file. Toad for Oracle is a product. There are several different “flavors” of Toad for Oracle with different features and prices for each. When you purchase licenses, you purchase them for the features you want. As for which “flavor” has what in it, you can look at this feature matrix - http://www.toadworld.com/products/toad-for-oracle/w/toad_for_oracle_wiki/538.toad-editions-and-features-matrix.

There are various “Toads” in the product line. Toad for Oracle connects to Oracle databases, Toad for SQL Server connects to SQL Server, … with each one designed to the unique needs of that user community.

Attachments:

US_STA.pdf

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Dell Software has standardized on licensing agreements so the one I attached earlier should be the same for all of the products you have listed. There are forums on ToadWorld for each of the products you have listed so if you have any specific questions, you may want to post to the individual forums. Team members monitor the forums so you should be able to get the info you need directly.

Greg

On Sep 9, 2016, at 9:02 AM, NeilMurphy bounce-NeilMurphy@toadworld.com wrote:

Reply by NeilMurphy
Hi Gregory,

I really appreciate your help with my request, and thank you for forwarding on the “Toad for Oracle” license agreement file.

If possible, would you also have the license agreements for the remaining Toad products (below) I mentioned in my request: (if there is any!) Or could you provide me with contacts to people who could help with these products.

· Toad for SQL Server

· Toad for Data Analysts

· Toad Data Modeler

· Toad for MySQL

I have used the Dell links you provided before in the past but I find that Dell never get back in contact with me, so really would appreciate if you can help me.

Many Thanks

Neil Murphy

Client Manager

HP Software Licensing & Management Solutions

neil-m.murphy@hpe.com

T +353 91 75 4728

Galway, Ireland

hpe.com

Next planned absence*:*

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle Forum notifications altogether.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Hi Liss,

Many thanks for your assistance in relation to TOAD licensing.

I just have one final question which I hope you could help me with.

Could you also confirm the standard license metric for TOAD – per user? Per device? If per seat, what is the standard definition of a “seat”?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Sent: 07 September 2016 16:09

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Licensing rules for “Toad for Oracle”

Reply by Gregory Liss

http://www.toadworld.com/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/10/5228.US_5F00_STA.pdf As far as licenses go, I’ve attached the Toad for Oracle license agreement file. Toad for Oracle is a product. There are several different “flavors” of Toad for Oracle with different features and prices for each. When you purchase licenses, you purchase them for the features you want. As for which “flavor” has what in it, you can look at this feature matrix - http://www.toadworld.com/products/toad-for-oracle/w/toad_for_oracle_wiki/538.toad-editions-and-features-matrix.

Attachments:

US_STA.pdf

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle Forum
notifications altogether.

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hi Neil,

For this question, you should probably talk to our licensing department or your local sales rep via the links Greg provided above. Toad for Oracle can be licensed a number of different ways. The default is on a per seat basis; however your local sales rep can give you information on all the optional licensing methods.

Thanks,

-John