List index out of bounds error

All,

I’m currently on Toad 12.9.0.24.

When compiling a package body using F5, I got a List index out of bounds error:

5432.Toad_20160210_index_out_of_bounds.png

I trioed to attach the errorlog and input source code, but got an unspecified error while trying to save.
I’ll try to attach the documents after submitting

Kind regards,
Abe Kornelis

Attaching the source code of the package being compiled:

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/86/enriching_5F00_pkb.txt:320:240]

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/86/enriching_5F00_pks.txt:320:240]

Attaching the error log:

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/86/6278.Toad_5F00_el_5F00_20160210.txt:320:240]

So it seems the error was that the extension of .pks and/or .pkb was not allowed.

A slightly more clear error message would have been helpful :~|

Kind regards, wish you success tracking down the bug!

Abe

Can you please send the call stack when receiving any AV? Otherwise troubleshooting is nearly impossible.

Thanks,

Greg

On Feb 10, 2016, at 3:53 AM, kornelis.abe bounce-kornelisabe@toadworld.com wrote:

List index out of bounds error

Thread created by kornelis.abe
All,

I'm currently on Toad 12.9.0.24.

When compiling a package body using F5, I got a List index out of bounds error:

I trioed to attach the errorlog and input source code, but got an unspecified error while trying to save.

I'll try to attach the documents after submitting

Kind regards,

Abe Kornelis

==========

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Gregory,

I thought the call stack was in the errorlog file. It it’s not, I agree it’s a mission impossible.
Can I just copy it form the error pop-up, or do I need to take specific actions?
Like setting trace mode on, or something like that?

Abe

Looks like ToadWorld had an issue sending those via e-mail or the snap filter got them. I see it on ToadWorld.

Thanks,

Greg

On Feb 10, 2016, at 7:26 AM, kornelis.abe bounce-kornelisabe@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: List index out of bounds error

Reply by kornelis.abe
Gregory,

I thought the call stack was in the errorlog file. It it's not, I agree it's a mission impossible.

Can I just copy it form the error pop-up, or do I need to take specific actions?

Like setting trace mode on, or something like that?

Abe

===

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Since this seems to be an issue with our script engine, can you add SCRIPTDEBUG=1 to your Toad.ini file, execute the script, close Toad and send the following files:

ToadScriptDebug.txt

qsetrace.log

Be sure and remove the SCRIPTDEBUG=1 line from your ini file as it will hurt performance but it gives us some very useful information for troubleshooting script execution.

Thanks,

Greg

Gregory,

I understand your concern. Unfortunately, the issue does not reproduce at will.
since screptdebug mode slows the Toad down quite a bit, I am loath to turn it on, awaiting a possible repeat sometime in the future.

I’m sorry, I cannot afford the time right now.
I understand, as a consequence, you will be unable to analyze/repair the issue. Too bad :frowning:

Kind regards,
Abe

No worries. We'll keep looking on our side.

On Feb 10, 2016, at 7:56 AM, kornelis.abe bounce-kornelisabe@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: List index out of bounds error

Reply by kornelis.abe
Gregory,

I understand your concern. Unfortunately, the issue does not reproduce at will.

since screptdebug mode slows the Toad down quite a bit, I am loath to turn it on, awaiting a possible repeat sometime in the future.

I'm sorry, I cannot afford the time right now.

I understand, as a consequence, you will be unable to analyze/repair the issue. Too bad :frowning:

Kind regards,

Abe

===

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta notifications altogether.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.