Message Explorer

Hi,
In Message Explorer, if you right-click you get options to Save Messages and Save Selected Messages. These don’t seem to do anything. I expected them to allow me to save the message text to a file (or maybe the clipboard).
Regards
Malcolm

Hello Malcolm,

When you select to save the messages, they will be saved to .txt file.
Please right-click the Message Explorer and select View Options | Message Saving tab - here you can see where the .txt file is saved.

Log.txt - If Save Messages to File checkbox is selected, the log is saved continuously.
LocalLog.txt - This file is created as soon as you select Save Messages/Save Selected Messages option in Message Explorer (when you call the action).

Concerning the location, at the moment the Log files are saved to current directory, which is not correct. Anyway, we will fix this problem. CR for this already exists. - CR # 44 021.

Thanks for raising this question!

Regards,

Vladka

I think I’d like Save Messages/Save Selected Messages to ask you to supply a location and name. This would save me having to find the file, copy and rename it each time.
OR maybe you could add a Save Message As.
Thanks

I think I'd like Save Messages/Save Selected Messages to ask you to supply a location and name....OR maybe you could add a Save Message As.

Thanks for your suggestion.

This would save me having to find the file, copy and rename it each time.

Yes, now it does not work as it should. We will fix this too. At the moment, I can't say how it will be solved - possibly there will be one default location for the log files in user Docs and Settings directory and if you change the location, it will be saved in Configs...

In any case, I've added your remarks to the existing case. Our developers will try to find some acceptable solution.
Thanks!

Vladka