Missing MySQL ODBC Driver

(I had originally posted this on the IBM db2 forum)

I am attempting to join 2 Toad Intelligence Central tables with an excel (97-2003 version) spreadsheet in a query. The query opens with no issues, but when I try to execute it, I encounter the following error: “Missing MySQL ODBC Driver: To execute a Cross-Query that uses a Toad Intelligence Central connection you will need to install a MySQL ODBC Driver on this client.”

I am able to execute the same query on the TIC server, so it doesn’t appear to be an issue with the TIC server.

When I look at the ODBC Data Source Administrator on my desktop (where the query fails), the drivers tab shows 2 MySQL drivers: MySQL ODBC 5.3 ANSI Driver and MySQL ODBC 5.3 Unicode Driver. I tried uninstalling the MySQL drivers and installing the latest MySQL drivers with the same error.

I have run this query before (a month or so ago) on my desktop with no issues. I am currently using TDP 4.0.0.396 and TIC 3.1.0.22 with no recent upgrades.

Any ideas?

Hi jraguse,

I assume the desktop that you run the query with excel and the TIC server are different host, right ?

Vincent

Hi Jraguse,

You are run this query in TDP right ? And your windows where TDP installed is 64 bit version , right ?

Since TDP 4.0.0.396 is a 32-bit application . We need to make sure the 32-bit MySQL ODBC driver does exist.

So the drivers you need to check in this case should from C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

Sounds like a bug in Toad Data Point. We bundle our own mySQL drivers, so the error you are getting should not be a problem. What version are you using? Can you download the latest Toad Data Point, which is 4.1?

Thank you for responding to my post.

Yes, I am attempting to run the query in TDP. Yes, windows is a 64 bit version. I did uninstall the MySQL ODBC drivers, and installed the 64 bit MySQL ODBC drivers. The download file is entitled: mysql-connector-odbc-5.3.7-winx64. Do you think I need to reinstall using a different file?

Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2017 3:15 AM

To: toadintelligencecentral@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Intelligence Central - General Discussion] Missing MySQL ODBC Driver

RE: Missing MySQL ODBC Driver

Reply by Vincent.Hu

Hi Jraguse,

You are run this query in TDP right ? And your windows where TDP installed is 64 bit version , right ?

Since TDP 4.0.0.396 is a 32-bit application . We need to make sure the 32-bit MySQL ODBC driver does exist.

So the drivers you need to check in this case should from C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Intelligence Central Forum
notifications altogether.

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Debbie,

Thank you for responding.

I am using TDP 4.0.0.396. I can try downloading the latest version. If this works, will I also need to install this same version on the TIC server?

From: Debbie Peabody [mailto:bounce-Debbie_Peabody@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2017 7:47 AM

Subject: RE: [Toad Intelligence Central - General Discussion] Missing MySQL ODBC Driver

Reply by Debbie Peabody

Sounds like a bug in Toad Data Point. We bundle our own mySQL drivers, so the error you are getting should not be a problem. What version are you using? Can you download the latest Toad Data Point, which is 4.1?

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Please run the app (C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe) to check if any 32 bit MySQL ODBC driver in your system.

The driver you installed should be 64 bit.

And you can just follow Debbie’s suggestion to upgrade your TDP to new version.

also, on the advanced tab of TIC connection you can manually set the drivers.

I did upgrade to TDP 4.1, and that seemed to install additional MySQL drivers. The query that had failed prior to the upgrade, now completes normally. Thank you to you and Debbie!

I have a remaining question. The TDP upgrade was done on my desktop – do I also need to upgrade the TDP on the TIC server? Just wondering if any jobs created in TDP 4.1 will fail when published to TIC where the current version of TDP is 4.0.

Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2017 9:27 AM

Reply by Vincent.Hu

Please run the app (C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe) to check if any 32 bit MySQL ODBC driver in your system.

The driver you installed should be 64 bit.

And you can just follow Debbie’s suggestion to upgrade your TDP to new version.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I did not know that option existed. Thank you for pointing that out!

From: Debbie Peabody [mailto:bounce-Debbie_Peabody@toadworld.com]

Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2017 9:32 AM

Reply by Debbie Peabody

also, on the advanced tab of TIC connection you can manually set the drivers.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.