Oracle SQL: Declaring Variable and using in script

I'm attempting to declare variables for use in several scripts in the same editor. This is so that multiple updates are needed when using the script for a new user.
Here's an example of what I'm trying to use:

DECLARE
Rep_Name NVARCHAR(250);

BEGIN
Rep_Name := 'Kristi Barrickman';

SELECT REP_CODE, REP_NAME, REP_SF_ID, REP_TEAM, RESPONSE_TEAM, REP_WORKGROUP
FROM USER_LIST
WHERE 1=1
AND CURRENT_RECORD=1
AND REP_NAME = :Rep_Name;

END;

Welcome back the Toad for Oracle forum.

Your question is not Toad product related, but rather database/syntax related. Nevertheless, other users may have some insight for you. One thing I have noticed is that different database platforms can treat variables differently. In your case, you're using a bind variable, which might be tripping up your objective to use the variable value in different places. See, link below, which discusses use of &var vs. :var, for example...

Hi,
Using Toad Automation, there is a very simple solution.
You declare a variable ( I would suggest using variable names that are obvious, such as REP_NAME_VAR) at the begining of the script and use the following syntax in the next steps.

where rep_name = #REP_NAME_VAR#
Sincerely,
Simon

P.S. I use this feature in most of the scripts that I use.

P.S.S. I just discovered that when I envoke an automation script from another automation script, the variable placeholders are replaced by the current value.
I assume this is a bug, but as we have not renewed our service contract, I cannot open a ticket on this issue. This should not deter you from using this famntastic feature, as I have found a way to overcome this problem.