SB - Execute Package, code generated for user-defined types is less usable.

in 12.8 and 12.9 beta, the assignment statements are invalid.

DECLARE
P_QUOTE_MONTAGE_UID QUOTE_MONTAGE_MAINT_10.quotemontageuidtyp;
P_QUOTE_MONTAGE_DTTM QUOTE_MONTAGE_MAINT_10.quotemontagedttmtyp;

BEGIN
P_QUOTE_MONTAGE_UID := NULL;
P_QUOTE_MONTAGE_DTTM := NULL;

12.6 provides no assignment statements.

Prior versions used to put in commented code with something like --Modify the code to initialize this parameter

I find this commented method much more “instructive” than code with no comments that just doesn’t work.

Of course the best solution would be to figure out how to initialize the types, but that might be a bit of a lofty goal (or not :). In my case the types are just scalar arrays so I just need subscripts added:

BEGIN
P_QUOTE_MONTAGE_UID( 1 ) := NULL; --Modify the code to initialize this parameter
P_QUOTE_MONTAGE_DTTM( 1 ) := NULL; --Modify the code to initialize this parameter

I broke that working on some other stuff. I'm back in this area of the code as we speak and will put it back in place, but it may be a few more betas yet.

Michael

On 01/06/2016 03:20 PM, droeschley_109 wrote:

SB - Execute Package, code generated for user-defined types is less usable.

Thread created by droeschley_109
in 12.8 and 12.9 beta, the assignment statements are invalid.

DECLARE

P_QUOTE_MONTAGE_UID QUOTE_MONTAGE_MAINT_10.quotemontageuidtyp;

P_QUOTE_MONTAGE_DTTM QUOTE_MONTAGE_MAINT_10.quotemontagedttmtyp;

BEGIN

P_QUOTE_MONTAGE_UID := NULL;

P_QUOTE_MONTAGE_DTTM := NULL;

12.6 provides no assignment statements.

Prior versions used to put in commented code with something like --Modify the code to initialize this parameter

I find this commented method much more "instructive" than code with no comments that just doesn't work.

Of course the best solution would be to figure out how to initialize the types, but that might be a bit of a lofty goal (or not :). In my case the types are just scalar arrays so I just need subscripts added:

BEGIN

P_QUOTE_MONTAGE_UID( 1 ) := NULL; --Modify the code to initialize this parameter

P_QUOTE_MONTAGE_DTTM( 1 ) := NULL; --Modify the code to initialize this parameter

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I’m unable to reproduce this issue and haven’t been able to come up with code that requires the subscript. I’ve closed the issue. Please send code samples if it is still a problem and I’ll reopen.

Thanks for the offline assist. This issue is fixed for next beta.