SVN version control options and permissions

Hi,

When adding objects to SVN version control, I’d like to be able to add on a table level and have generated script include all indexes, permissions, etc. Pretty much the same as when you extract the DDL for the table and include objects that are dependent upon those originally selected.

Is there an option to be able to do this? I only seem able to get the scripts grouped into folders for each object type ( Index, Table, etc) and there are no permissions included in the scripts.

Thanks!

Hi Nick,

I don’t think there’s a way to do this today. Can you tell me more about what you want?

Would all the objects in your script be added to version control, and then the new versions of dependent objects be available at the other object levels? Or so you just want to see the dependents in the scripts?

Adam

Hi Adam,

Having the option whether to dependent objects are version controlled separately would be ideal. When selecting to include dependent objects in the script, there won't be a separate folder for each object type. I'd like to see the same options that exist as when you extract a DDL for an object:

Ideally, these would be set in the version control settings so they are consistent.

Thanks!

Nick

Hi Nick,

To track this request I opened issue TDB-641: Version Control for object and dependents in a single interface.

There are some challenges to overcome in managing object groups, but I really like the idea.

Thanks for the input,

Adam

Thanks for that Adam. Is there anywhere I can track this issue?

Cheers,

Nick

You can ask support for a status, and look for it in release notes.