Toad World® Forums

Toad 13.0.0.80 not handling correctly the q-operator for quoting strings

Attempting to compile the below dummy procedure using q-operator for quoting strings:

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE testproc1 AS
v_Str VARCHAR2 (4000);
BEGIN
v_Str := q’| | a ‘Y’ |’;
END;

the procedure cannot be compiled raising error:
“PLS-00103 (6: 22): PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol “Y” when expecting one of the following:”

Same code is created correctly from Toad 12.12 or from Sql*Plus.

If we check the user_source we see that the fourth line has been saved as: " v_Str := ’ a ‘Y’ '; "
(i.e. without the q-operator), and this is the reason of compile error.

Apart the about example, new Toad 13.0.0.80 with q-operator strings cannot handle some greek characters.

New release cannot be used for developments with such issues with q-operator strings.

Thank you

jmavr

There is a bug in one of our third party components. If the end quote delimiter appears anywhere within your string then the string is improperly terminated. In your example you use ‘|’ as your delimiter and ‘|’ also appears as part of the string content. The workaround is to use a different delimiter that does not appear in your string. In your example the following replacement will work… q’[ | a ‘Y’ ]’. This bug is said to be fixed in their next update which will be applied to Toad 13.1.

Thanks,

Michael

The component update was available post-13.0 release. I’ve updated it and this issue is now resolved. It will be fixed in the next 13.1 beta (13.1.0.12) which will be released sometime next week.

Thanks,

Michael

Thank you Michael,

Kindly note that this is NOT the only problem with the Editor. If some Greece characters exists in a string, the Procedure cannot be compiled. Check below example:

– result : Typ=96 Len=6: 206,181,206,175,207,137 CEB5CEAFCF89 είω
SELECT DUMP (‘είω’) xx1, RAWTOHEX (‘είω’) xx2, ‘είω’ yy FROM DUAL;

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE testproc1
AUTHID DEFINER
AS
v_Str VARCHAR2 (4000);
BEGIN
v_Str := q’|είω|’;
END;
/

Even though the first SELECT is executed correctly, the procedure (that has the same 3 Greek characters) creation fails with:

PLS-00103 (11: 15): PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol “3�3” when expecting one of the following

In Toad 12.12 the procedure could be compiled (even though some times when experimenting with these characters Toad was stuck and I had to kill the process)

Thank you

jmavr

This is all related, I think. I’ve opened up a new ticket for this new issue.

Thanks,

Michael

Dear Michael,

I download latest 13.1.0.13 Beta and both issues have been resolved.

Thank you

jmavr