TOAD 13.0 Top 20 Rules

Under Options, Code Analysis, General I have “Top 20” in the Default Rule Set, I have never changed this from previous versions. In 12.12 while in the Editor it would mark unused variables in a program identified by Rule ID 6405, "Avoid defining variables that are not referenced inside the program.’

This is an informational message I found to be very useful. This is not working for me in version 13.0.0.80.

Rule 6405 still exists in the Top 20 set of Code Analysis rules, even in Toad/Oracle 13.0. To confirm what's in your Top 20 Rule Set...

1. Database->Diagnose->Code Analysis to get into the Code Analysis window

2. Click on the Edit Rule Sets tool bar button to bring up the list of Rule Sets

3. Verify that rule # 6045 is in the list.

Rule Sets out of the box are read-only, but you can clone an existing one, or create custom rule sets of your own.

I’m also using 13.0.0.80 and can confirm I’m experiencing the same thing – rule 6405 is not working, despite it being included in my Top 20. Do you know if it’s been fixed in 13.1? I’m currently using 12.12.0.39 in order to make use of this rule.

I upgraded to 13.1 and confirming that rule 6405 still doesn’t work.

Hi Djwu,

Rule 6405 was updated in Beta 18 of Toad 13.2. Notes are here:

If you download the current beta version, you should be able to use the new rule.

-John

FYI: Rule 6405 should work quite a bit better in the next (or next next) beta.

Thanks,
Andre