TOAD 8.6 using non administrator account

Hi All,

I just noticed when using TOAD 8.6 with non-administrator account, it doesn’t work. Due to the newly impost security policy, all developers should only have non administrator account. Is there a way to fix this issue?

Toad 8.6 is over a decade old (and 20 versions) and was written in a different era with different security and user requirements.

To answer your question - no, there is no solution for that version. Realistically, the only remedy is to upgrade.

On Jul 18, 2016, at 10:54 PM, jamesramas316 bounce-jamesramas316@toadworld.com wrote:

TOAD 8.6 using non administrator account

Thread created by jamesramas316
Hi All,

I just noticed when using TOAD 8.6 with non-administrator account, it doesn't work. Due to the newly impost security policy, all developers should only have non administrator account. Is there a way to fix this issue?

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hi Gregory,

Thanks for the reply. We are currently planning to 12.9 but stumble some issues.

I logged a separate thread (http://www.toadworld.com/products/toad-for-oracle/f/10/t/31092).

Please advise if any.

Thanks again

Hi Gregory,

This is now ok. I am able to use the new toad 12.9. now.

Thanks again

Glad to hear. The 32/64 app/client issue is a very common one so we tend to be pretty responsive on that answer.

Greg

On Jul 20, 2016, at 3:16 AM, jamesramas316 bounce-jamesramas316@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: TOAD 8.6 using non administrator account

Reply by jamesramas316
Hi Gregory,

This is now ok. I am able to use the new toad 12.9. now.

Thanks again

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.