Toad Data Generator

Hi - I want to be able to generate flat files of data from Toad, is that possible with Toad Data Generator? I see that you can now generate SQLLdr ctl files, so I am thinking that the actual “RUN” is now using the data in a different format other than just insert statements to run the load-is that correct?

Can you please describe the process of creating a SQLldr job that I can capture and run in other schemas?

I am using Toad Beta 12.2.0.27

Thanks!

Hi Carol,

Yes, you can now generate tab-delimited flat files within Toad’s Data Generation window. All you would need to do is open the Data Generation window. Select
“Internal” as the Random Data Engine and select the specifics for your columns. Once you’ve finished, click the “Create SQL*Loader Control File” button, which is located here:

That will create a file in whatever directory you’ve selected that will be a tab-delimited flat file. It will also include a header that instructs SQL*Loader
how to load the data; so if you want to import the data into Excel (or some other program), simply instruct it to start importing on the row after the “begindata” line.

If you’d like it to import the data into another table in a different schema that has a similar table structure, all you would need to do is change the header
of the generated control file to point to the alternate schema.

-John

Sent: Friday, March 07, 2014 5:02 PM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Toad Data Generator

Toad Data Generator

Thread created by carol.kemp

Hi - I want to be able to generate flat files of data from Toad, is that possible with Toad Data Generator? I see that you can now generate SQLLdr ctl files, so I am thinking that the actual
“RUN” is now using the data in a different format other than just insert statements to run the load-is that correct?

Can you please describe the process of creating a SQLldr job that I can capture and run in other schemas?

I am using Toad Beta 12.2.0.27

Thanks!

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hmm, it looks as though the picture didn’t come through. Here is a screenshot showing the “Generate SQL*Loader Control File” button:

DataGen_SQLLoader.png

-John