Toad Data Point Pro Edition 6.x - crash, close -out and slow performance issues

I have searched the forum but could not find definitive answers.

My Toad Data Point 5.4 Base Edition worked fine with Cloudera Impala connection without many issues.

Two weeks ago, I upgraded to TDP Pro Edition 6.0.5 and run into crash issues with common table expression queries. After hours of investigations and discussions with colleague who had same issues. We managed to replicate crashes 100% time under two scenarios for Cloudera ODBC driver.

1. CTE with 'limit' clause. Crash 100% time

sample code:

with cte_test as ( select * from impala.test_tbl)
select * from cte_test limit 10;

Removing limit clause works fine.

1. CTE with 'order by' clause with numeric values (order by 1, 2) instead of columns names (order by col1, col2) after 'group by'. Crash 100%.

select column1, count(*) from cte_test
group by 1
order by 1;

removing 'order by' statement runs fine.

rearranging code below runs fine.

select * from (
group by 1
) order by 1;

Replacing order by numeric values with column names runs fine too.

group by column1
order by column1;

I run CTE with limit clause and order by numeric values clauses all the time in TDP 5.4. Never experienced crashed as much as in 6.0.5.

Before I figured what caused crashes in 6.05, I tried 6.1.0 but ran into extremely slow performance. Simple 'show tables' in db took 3-4 mins as opposed to just one sec in 6.0.5 or 5.4. The results were returned a few rows per second. I found another post on the forum and replied with my experience. So far, no clear solution.

Raising awareness with Quest Dev... stay tuned...

Thanks. Forgot to mention. Just confirmed by my colleagues that CTE query crashes happen for TDP 5.6 as well. Teammates with older versions (5.3 and 5.4) are not experiencing crashes.