Toad for Data Analysts 2.5.1 Bind Variables not available

I have an older version of Toad for Data Analysts 2.5.1.922 and I cannot locate the checkbox that brings up the bind variable window. When I run an SQL in editor that has a prompt value, the results error with the following message: 'ORA-01008: not all variables bound'. I assume there is some option that is not checked on but I have been unable to locate it. Thanks.

There isn’t a bind variable option. You are prompted by the application when your SQl has a semicolumn or amperstand in the SQL. Since you were not prompted there must be some syntax error in your SQL that oracle doesn’t like.

Please post your SQL and perhaps we can see what the issue is. The SQL is not fully shown in your screenshot.

Debbie

Thanks Debbie. I have included one SQL where this is encountered but I am having this issue with any SQL that includes a prompt value. The query will run in PeopleSoft but not in Toad. Appreciate your help.

SELECT A.HR_NP_NOTE_KEY1, C.NAME_DISPLAY, A.HR_NP_NOTE_KEY2, A.HR_NP_NOTE_KEY3, A.HR_NP_NOTE_KEY4, B.ACTION, B.ACTION_REASON, A.HR_NP_SUBJECT, A.HR_NP_NOTE_TEXT, TO_CHAR(CAST((A.HR_NP_CREATE_DTTM) AS TIMESTAMP),‘YYYY-MM-DD-HH24.MI.SS.FF’)
FROM PS_HR_NP_NOTE A, PS_JOB B, PS_EMPLMT_SRCH_QRY B1, PS_NAMES C, PS_PERALL_SEC_QRY C1
WHERE B.EMPLID = B1.EMPLID
AND B.EMPL_RCD = B1.EMPL_RCD
AND B1.OPRID = ‘KEMOORE’
AND C.EMPLID = C1.EMPLID
AND C1.OPRID = ‘KEMOORE’
AND A.HR_NP_NOTE_KEY1 = B.EMPLID
AND A.HR_NP_NOTE_KEY2 = B.EMPL_RCD
AND A.HR_NP_NOTE_KEY3 = B.EFFDT
AND A.HR_NP_NOTE_KEY4 = B.EFFSEQ
AND B.EMPLID = :1
AND B.EMPLID = C.EMPLID
AND C.EFFDT =