12.12.0.27 Crashing

I’ve had Toad crash a couple of times today when I’ve just been updating a sql query in the editor. There wasn’t an error message, but it pointed me to a couple of files that might help. There is a text file, an xml file and a dump file that is 25 MB.

12.12.0.27 should contain the updated parser files that were the source of recent errors. However, to make sure your installation is all up to date is the version of QP5.dll in the install folder 5.318?

Michael

No, it still shows 5.317. I tried downloading the latest update and reapplying it, and that didn’t change it. So then I uninstalled the beta and downloaded the full install again, and the version that installed is 5.315.

From: Michael Staszewski [mailto:bounce-mstaszew@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 12:08 PM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: EXTERNAL: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] 12.12.0.27 Crashing

RE: 12.12.0.27 Crashing

Reply by Michael Staszewski

12.12.0.27 should contain the updated parser files that were the source of recent errors. However, to make sure your installation is all up to date is the version of QP5.dll in the install folder 5.318?

Michael

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

----------------------------------------- This message is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and contains information that is proprietary to The Babcock & Wilcox Company and/or its affiliates, or may be otherwise confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this message from your computer. Thank you.

There was a bit of a hiccup in the build this week as we wind down the release and lock out certain component updates like QP5 to ensure we ship the latest stable and tested version. I forgot to update QP5 in the location where it’s pulled from. If you skipped the .22 and possibly the .24 update from last week you would still have QP5 5.317 which is problematic.

The build issue and most likely your crash are all fixed for tomorrow’s beta.

Michael

I was on vacation last week, so I’ll just wait for the update tomorrow.

From: Michael Staszewski [mailto:bounce-mstaszew@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 1:17 PM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: EXTERNAL: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] 12.12.0.27 Crashing

RE: 12.12.0.27 Crashing

Reply by Michael Staszewski

There was a bit of a hiccup in the build this week as we wind down the release and lock out certain component updates like QP5 to ensure we ship the latest stable and tested version. I forgot to update QP5 in the location where it’s pulled from. If you skipped the .22 and possibly the .24 update from last week you would still have QP5 5.317 which is problematic.

The build issue and most likely your crash are all fixed for tomorrow’s beta.

Michael

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

----------------------------------------- This message is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and contains information that is proprietary to The Babcock & Wilcox Company and/or its affiliates, or may be otherwise confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this message from your computer. Thank you.

In the meantime if you copy the QP5.dll from your 12.11 installation into Beta folder you will be good to go and tomorrow’s beta will patch it to the latest.