[17.1.451] Execution time string glitch in Processing Script window

The text with the execution time, which is displayed at the bottom of the window when a script is executed with F5, is incorrect for the first 30 seconds or so.
The first time a script was executed, it only showed "0:0". When executing another script (in the same editor window), the execution time of the previous script was displayed there.

Bildschirmaufnahme 2023-12-19 um 13.08.44.mov

Hi Dirk,

We're having trouble reproducing this. Can you clarify your steps to reproduce it?

Thanks

John

It seems that my first observation was not entirely correct.

I tried to reproduce the problem this morning and it looks like it is not the case that nothing happens for the first 30 seconds or so.
It's more that sometimes the updating of the text stalls. I had one test where the display jumped from 0:03 to 0:06 and then to 0:09, while in the next test nothing happened for the first 18 seconds.

Restarting Toad made no difference. Restarting the VM did not help either.

However, I also noticed the following:
The text at the top (Task N of M) and the scrollbar are updated at the same speed as the editor window in which the current statement is highlighted. However, the text with the execution time and the text in the "Output" tab are updated much less frequently.
I will now restart my Mac to see if this makes a difference. I'll be right back :wink:

By the way:
The script only inserts approx. 1200 lines per INSERT statement into a table with a column of type CLOB. Maybe this is relevant.
And the option "Execute scripts in Toad session" is disabled. In case this matters.

Edit:
Restarting the Mac did not help either.