Toad World® Forums

Access query runs but no records are retreived

Hi,

I have a query in Access that has a simple filter, like ‘8*’. Once I establish the connection in TDA 2.7, the query runs but not records are retreived. If I remove the filter from the Access query, there is not problem accessing the data via TDA; so it seems like a bug in TDA, hope the problem can be corrected in the next release. Looking forward for your comment. Please find attached My access query.

Interplants.mdb (1000 KB)

Hello Monica,

The SQL that is generated for that query is Access specific and the ODBC provider cannot execute it. In order to get this to work you need to open the options and set "SQL Server Compatible Syntax (ANSI 92)" to "This database". Once you do that you will need to modify the like filter to 'Like 8%'. Make sure it runs, save the file and then open again in TDA.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks.

Hello Monica,

The SQL that is generated for that query is Access specific and the ODBC provider cannot execute it. In order to get this to work you need to open the options and set “SQL Server Compatible Syntax (ANSI 92)” to “This database”. Once you do that you will need to modify the like filter to ‘Like 8%’. Make sure it runs, save the file and then open again in TDA.

Thanks.
accessoptions.png

Hello Monica,

The SQL that is generated for that query is Access specific and the ODBC provider cannot execute it. In order to get this to work you need to open the options and set "SQL Server Compatible Syntax (ANSI 92)" to "This database". Once you do that you will need to modify the like filter to 'Like 8%'. Make sure it runs, save the file and then open again in TDA.

Thanks.

Thanks a lot Michael for the quick replied. It worked. Thanks again