Toad World® Forums

Auditing by Windows username [Oracle 10g]

I’ve got an oracle database that I want to audit. I have only one user of interest since he has access via TOAD on a particular computer. He logs in using a generic database account that’s also used for other things so it’s not quite as simple as setting that up but he always uses one particular computer and an older version of TOAD than I have.

Any thoughts on how I could log what he’s doing? Thanks

You could make an audit policy (dbms_fga) to audit a particular table for this user (using sys_context(‘USERENV’, ‘TERMINAL’) = ‘whatever’) in the audit_condition to identify him by the machine, but that would only audit whatever table/view you set it up on. You could set up multiple if you want to audit him on multiple tables.

If you just want to capture every sql that this user does, you maybe set up a database trigger that kicks off a trace whenever this user logs in.

On 12c use Unified Audit policies for just that

2018-06-21 16:52 GMT+02:00 John Dorlon bounce-jdorlon@toadworld.com:

RE: Auditing by Windows username [Oracle 10g]

Reply by John Dorlon
You could make an audit policy (dbms_fga) to audit a particular table for this user (using sys_context(‘USERENV’, ‘TERMINAL’) = ‘whatever’) in the audit_condition to identify him by the machine, but that would only audit whatever table/view you set it up on. You could set up multiple if you want to audit him on multiple tables.

If you just want to capture every sql that this user does, you maybe set up a database trigger that kicks off a trace whenever this user logs in.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle Forum notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Mette Stephansen

Miracle Expert ServicesMiracle A/S
Borupvang 2C, 2750 Ballerup

53 74 72 26

Thank you. However I’m on 10g.

Sounds like this is the way to go. It’s only about 2 dozen tables so it won’t be too bad to set it up by hand.

Thanks!