Automation Designer - Using file in email body

Hello,

Im currently running "Toad For Oracle Xpert x64 Version 12.11.0.95" and am looking for a way to use a file output as the body of an email sent out each morning using the automation designer. Ive watched many tutorials and done a lot of searching (For example, here) and it looks pretty straight forward. Im running the latest version of Toad though and I dont have nearly as many options.

Below is an example of the very basic functions that Im able to access. How can I use a file in the email body using the below?

Thanks,

Matt

Could you check this?
http://www.toadworld.com/products/toad-for-oracle/f/10/p/24686/54422#54422
brg

Damir

Unfortunately that only attaches a file to the email. That’s actually the email window in my original post. I do use this feature a lot for intracompany reports.

In this particular case though, Im trying to send an automated email to UPS each morning @ 8am that has the number of packages at each location, and other pertinent info and UPS requires it in the email body vs as an attachment.

Hi,

I am under corporate firewall (cannot send the mail) but this should works...In Automation designer add 2 tasks:

1. Export database and put query you want. Then export data to clipboard

1. send mail as you tried.

So your automaton designer looks like (mine i sred because i cannot define mail server from work)

4.png

This should put in message body content of exported sql.

Let me know If you can't get it to work, I can show you how to do it outside of Toad.

gB

On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 7:08 AM, MStoeber bounce-MStoeber@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: Automation Designer - Using file in email body

Reply by MStoeber
Unfortunately that only attaches a file to the email. That's actually the email window in my original post. I do use this feature a lot for intracompany reports.

In this particular case though, Im trying to send an automated email to UPS each morning @ 8am that has the number of packages at each location, and other pertinent info and UPS requires it in the email body vs as an attachment.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle Forum notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

--
Gene L. Bradley Jr.

Systems Analyst

Office of Information Technology

Jackson State University

1400 J R Lynch Street

P.O. Box 17750

Jackson, MS 39217

ph 601.979.1042

fax 601.371.9146

email gbradley@jsums.edu

*In God we trust; all others bring data. * ~W.E. Deming

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT

This electronic transmission is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone (601) 979-1042. Thank you.

It does work, kind of. Ive tried the output to clipboard as XML, HTML, delimited, etc and it does put the data in the body of the email, but the formatting is horrific.

XML and HTML options include all the markup tags. Using delimited makes almost a solid block of data.