Automation: Error > Invalid amount of parameters

2/29/2012 2:40:29 PM: Invalid amount of parameters.

2/29/2012 2:40:29 PM: at Quest.Toad.Workflow.Activities.Database.SelectToExcelActivity.Execute(ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)

2/29/2012 2:40:29 PM: Failed

I have scripts on my pc that run just fine. I just created one today and went through the normal creation process and its giving me the following errors. I am unsure what I need to change or update on this so I can get it to work correctly.
thanks,

I would have to have the automation script, all of the dependant files, adn full log file. Can you email those to me and I will take a look?

dpeabody@quest.com

Debbie

Okay. I see the issue. This is a bug that occured in TDA 2.7 but is corrected in TDA 3.0. If you upgrade to the latest GA version it will be resolved.

If you want to stay in TDA 2.7 you will need to use automation variables instead of script variables.

You use a script like this.

declare @st_dt datetime
declare @ed_dt datetime
select @st_dt = convert(varchar,Getdate(),101) + ’ 07:00:00 AM’
select @ed_dt = convert(varchar,Getdate(),101) + ’ 11:59:00 PM’
select * FROM QUEST_DEV.dbo.ORDERS
where ORDER_DATE < @st_dt

You would need to take out the declares and first two selects. Create a variable named st_dt and ed_dt. Then set the values by using your selects. In the
Select to File activity use just the SQL. You may need to change the ‘@’ to a colin but I think it will handle it.

select * FROM QUEST_DEV.dbo.ORDERS
where ORDER_DATE < @st_dt