Automation smtp error

Hi,

I’m getting following error messgae when i try to automate a simple sql statement query.Initially though there might be some issue with my maiil server.But i tested pl/sql smtp email and it worked fine.Am i missing any configuration properties.
I’m new to this toad for data anlaysts and i want to explore the automation feature.

6/6/2011 5:05:03 PM: There were errors encountered sending the message. See the log file for details.
6/6/2011 5:05:03 PM: at Quest.Toad.Workflow.Activities.SendEmailActivity.SendMail(SmtpServer server, MailMessage email)
at Quest.Toad.Workflow.Activities.SendEmailActivity.Execute(ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)
6/6/2011 5:05:03 PM: Continuing after error
6/6/2011 5:05:24 PM: The socket object used by MailBee was unexpectedly closed. InnerException message follows: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
6/6/2011 5:05:24 PM: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
6/6/2011 5:05:24 PM: at dr.a(Exception A_0)
at dr.a(Byte[] A_0, Int32 A_1)
at dx.a(Byte[] A_0, Int32 A_1)
at c0.ak()
at bb.a(String A_0, Int32 A_1, Boolean A_2, EndPoint A_3)
at bb.y()
at go.y()
at g5.y()
at go.a(MailMessage A_0, String A_1, EmailAddressCollection A_2, DeliveryNotificationOptions A_3, Smtp8bitDataConversion A_4, Boolean A_5, SendFailureThreshold A_6, Boolean A_7, DataTable A_8, Int32 A_9, String A_10)
at g5.a(MailMessage A_0, String A_1, EmailAddressCollection A_2, DeliveryNotificationOptions A_3, Smtp8bitDataConversion A_4, Boolean A_5, SendFailureThreshold A_6, Boolean A_7, DataTable A_8, Int32 A_9, String A_10)
at bj.a(MailMessage A_0, String A_1, EmailAddressCollection A_2, DeliveryNotificationOptions A_3, Smtp8bitDataConversion A_4, Boolean A_5, SendFailureThreshold A_6, Int32 A_7, fp A_8, Boolean A_9, DataTable A_10, Int32 A_11, String A_12)
at g7.a(String A_0, EmailAddressCollection A_1)
at g7.a(Boolean A_0, String A_1, EmailAddressCollection A_2)
at g7.a(Boolean A_0)
at MailBee.SmtpMail.Smtp.Send()
at Quest.Toad.Workflow.Activities.SendEmailActivity.SendMail(SmtpServer server, MailMessage email)
6/6/2011 5:05:24 PM: Exception Email successfully sent

Can you post a screenshot of all of your email settings?

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

Please find the attached document for screen shots of my automation.
Screenshot_smtp.doc (178 KB)

The socket is being closed on the server side. Does your server expect user credentials or authentication? Your IT would need to let you know.

You could try to telnet port 25: IE: telnet smtpserver 25

Then look at the response.

Debbie