Beta Released (12.1.0.1)

Code Analysis:

Added the ablity to sort Rule Violations by RuleID.

Create Table |
Load Cols from File:

Load Cols from File can now import column definitions from tables in external databases via ODBC drivers. 32 bit Toad requires 32 bit ODBC drivers. 64 bit Toad requires 64 bit ODBC drivers.

Debugger Exceptions:

Added the ablity to suppress the message when an exception is encountered when debugging while still allowing the break to occur.

Editor:

On the rt-click Refactor menu the following items have been added.

“Convert to ANSI Join Syntax” - Oracle join syntax is converted to ANSI syntax.

“Convert DECODE to CASE” - Uses of the DECODE function are converted into CASE statements.

“Add Column Aliases” - Adds aliases to all columns and expressions in the select list.

“Remove Column Aliases” - Strips aliases from all columns and expressions in the select list.

“Sync GROUP BY and ORDER BY clauses” - Ensures that the ORDER BY clause matches the GROUP BY clause. In other words, all identifiers in the GROUP BY clause are included in the ORDER BY clause and the ordering of identifiers in each matches.

These features act on the statement at caret when there is no selection. When there is a selection then all statements covered by the selection are refactored.

Export Dataset:

Export Dataset can now export to external databases via ODBC drivers. Table must already exist in the target database. 32 bit Toad requires 32 bit ODBC drivers. 64 bit Toad requires 64 bit ODBC drivers.

Generate Schema Script and Schema Compare:

These two windows have a lot of overlapping settings, so you can now rt-click from one to save the settings, and then recall them from either window. These settings do not include connection and output details, just the options. The same feature also exists
between Generate Database Script and Compare Databases.

Import Table Data:

Import Table Data can now import from external databases via ODBC drivers. 32 bit Toad requires 32 bit ODBC drivers. 64 bit Toad requires 64 bit ODBC drivers.

SB-Users-Object Grants:

The “Grants Received” query on this tab is now threaded.

Schema Script Generation and Schema Comparison:

Some optimizations were made in the code that supports schema script generation and schema comparison. The more objects in the schema, the better the speed improvement.

Schema/Database “Def” files:

Schema and database definition files have been renamed to “Snapshot” files. These are available in Generate Schema/Database Script, Compare Schema/Database, and HTML Schema/Database doc generators. When creating these files, there is now an edit box where
you can enter a comment for them. The ellipsis buttons to select the files will now give you a “Snapshot file preview” dialog where you can quickly see key details about each file, making it easy to select the one you want.

Trace File Browser:

When a file containing a deadlock is opened in the Trace File Browser, the statement causing the deadlock will be immediately brought to the attention of the user. A new “Deadlock” tab along the bottom half of the screen will contain all the details provided
in the trace file.

It would be great if I could also convert from ANSI Join Syntax using the Refactor menu options. I am often getting SQL from my boss who loves the ANSI Join syntax and I always want to convert it to the standard Oracle syntax. :slight_smile:

Also, I just tried to convert to ANSI syntax to see how it works. I tested on this SQL and got a message “Failed to Convert”:

SELECT /*+parallel(16) */

ti_no,

ti_table_prefix,

js.*,

jobs.state

FROM job_summary_view js, dba_scheduler_jobs jobs, tab_inserts

WHERE 1 = 1

AND job_mbr_no = ti_no(+)

AND job_start_time > TRUNC(SYSDATE) - .25

AND process_sch_job_name = jobs.job_name(+)

ORDER BY job_start_time DESC, NVL(child_start_time, process_start_time) DESC, process_start_time DESC;

I'm not sure why that's not converting. The Editor is invoking code provided by another team, the same that wrote the Query Builder, ERD, and CRM. At any rate, can you send me the creation scripts for the objects in your query so I
can test here and send them everything they'll need?

Thanks,

Michael

On 07/10/2013 02:03 PM, phyllis.helton_1150 wrote:

RE: Beta Released (12.1.0.1)

Reply by phyllis.helton_1150
It would be great if I could also convert from ANSI Join Syntax using the Refactor menu options. I am often getting SQL from my boss who loves the ANSI Join syntax and I always want to convert it to the standard Oracle syntax. :slight_smile:

Also, I just tried to convert to ANSI syntax to see how it works. I tested on this SQL and got a message "Failed to Convert":

SELECT /*+parallel(16) */

ti_no,

ti_table_prefix,

js.*,

jobs.state

FROM job_summary_view js, dba_scheduler_jobs jobs, tab_inserts

WHERE 1 = 1

AND job_mbr_no = ti_no(+)

AND job_start_time > TRUNC(SYSDATE) - .25

AND process_sch_job_name = jobs.job_name(+)

ORDER BY job_start_time DESC, NVL(child_start_time, process_start_time) DESC, process_start_time DESC;

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.