Beta Released (12.8.0.25)

Beta Notes
Editor
The Ref Cursor Results dock panel has been re-branded PL/SQL Results. It will show all input and output values in one place w/o needing to use DBMS output.

The Set Parameters window allows you to set input value as an expression. If the expression column is checked the Value field is inserted as-is into the anonymous block.

The Output Options tab in Set Parameters has a couple of minor tweaks for cursor output. Fetching into memory and sending to DBMS output are no longer mutually exclusive. The “Fetch cursor data” option is the same as the old “load into grid” option, but in the PL/SQL Results tab you’ll see “(CURSOR)” for cursor outputs. Double clicking the cell will open the cursor data viewer.

Team Coding

• The SCC Provider Engine has been completely rewritten and now supports through version 1.3 of the SCC API specs. As a result, the ability to use extended features, such as sub-folders, within Team Projects through an SCC Plugin Provider is now available provided that the manufacturer’s SCC provider implements those features. A “settings” dialog has been added to the Team Coding Configuration and Administration windows which will display the supported SCC API version of the plugin as well as a list of features implemented by the SCC Plugin Provider.
  • In addition, customers using SCC Plugin Providers can once again browse and work with VCS projects and files from within the VCS tab of the Team Coding Manager.
  • Also, file and object detail information that was previously available through a custom drop-down off the selected VCS or TC Object have been moved to their own window and can be viewed by selecting “Show Properties” off the right-click context menu. However, quick information about the VCS / TC Object can still be viewed in a hint by simply hovering over the item.

Resolved Issues
Issue
ID
TC with SVN: Team Coding Manager does not show tree structure correctly

I’ve a couple of stored procedure what we use as Crystal Reports source tables, and every procedure’s first parameter is a ref cursor.

What are the exact steps to get the result of the OUT parameter for this ref cursor in PL/SQL Result tab? I’m using an anonymous block, where I define the values of every input parameter with an explicit assign before the call of procedure. If I’m using F9 to run the anonymous block.

I appreciate your help.

Define a bind for your cursor and set its datatype to "cursor" in the bind vars popup. The results appear in the data grid. Here's an example.

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE cursor_out_param (c_out OUT SYS_REFCURSOR)

AS

BEGIN

OPEN c_out FOR SELECT * FROM user_objects;

END;

BEGIN

cursor_out_param(:cur);

END;

On 09/23/2015 09:11 AM, drbubo20 wrote:

RE: Beta Released (12.8.0.25)

Reply by drbubo20
I've a couple of stored procedure what we use as Crystal Reports source tables, and every procedure's first parameter is a ref cursor.

What are the exact steps to get the result of the OUT parameter for this ref cursor in PL/SQL Result tab? I'm using an anonymous block, where I define the values of every input parameter with an explicit assign before the call of procedure. If I'm using F9 to run the anonymous block.

I appreciate your help.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Ok, that was the same logic I used but there is no output on PL/SQL Result tab. Should I use F9 for running the statement? Does it work with strongly typed defined ref cursors?

My proc looks like this:

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE rep__kivonatok_dc_partner (
out_refcur IN OUT crystal_dba.rc__kivonatok_dc_partner,
p_sttkod IN VARCHAR2,
…)

in CRYSTAL_DBA the type definitons are the following:

TYPE rc__dc_partner IS REF CURSOR RETURN trec__dc_partner;

TYPE trec__dc_partner IS RECORD (
…);

Oh, also...

What are the exact steps to get the result of the OUT parameter for this ref cursor in PL/SQL Result tab?

You can't if using F9. The PL/SQL Results tab is populated after executing PL/SQL using the execute PL/SQL command (either with, or without debugger). F11 is the default shortcut for execute w/ debugger. Execution using F9 is somewhat different and requires the manual use of binds whereas F11 creates an execution harness for your PL/SQL call and sets up binds automatically for various uses.

I think I got it. If I use an anonymous block manually what you suggested in your first example and I use F9 to run it, the output will be generated on Data Grid tab. I was looking for it on PL/SQL Result tab.

If i use F11 on my procedure tab, I get the pop-up, but I think there are errors with the generated script. I send the script and the stored procedure to you, offline.

T.