bind variable and export wizard error message

Receiving an error message when using a bind variable.

Export Wizard is returning this message:

Thread (8) Export Started [10/19/2010 12:48:57 PM]

Thread (8) Export Wizard error processing objects, export halted.

Thread (8) Error parsing Export template: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Thread (8) Export Finished [10/19/2010 12:48:57 PM]

The sql query is:
SELECT PRODUCT.PRODUCT_ID, PRODUCT.PRODUCT_FAMILY_ID, PRODUCT.“NAME” FROM MES2.PRODUCT PRODUCT
WHERE (PRODUCT.“NAME” = :a)

Using Toad for Data Analysts 2.6.2.580

The Export wizard does not support bind variables. We have an outstanding CR (852664) for this enhancement. You can however, use the automation window. It supports binds.

To use, add a ‘Set Variable Activity’ and define a variable with the same name as in your query. Set the value. This can be hardcoded or set by another select statement. Then use the Export to File activity and it will bind your value.

Debbie

I modified the code to:

–TOAD: SET v_product = ‘123’ SELECT PRODUCT.PRODUCT_ID, PRODUCT.PRODUCT_FAMILY_ID, PRODUCT.“NAME” FROM MES2.PRODUCT PRODUCT WHERE PRODUCT.“NAME” LIKE :v_product but I am unable to get rid of this problem.Error message:Information:10/21/2010 7:30:08 AM 0:00:00.000: Incorrectly formatted set command (v_product = ‘123’)TRIAL.sql:1: --TOAD: SET v_product = '123’The popup window for entering the value does not match the value of ‘123’.The query does run okay, but when trying to move into Export it fails because of the error message.
I apologize, but any insights on what the problem might be other than not understanding what you said.

Thanks.

My error. I was trying to do this in Export rather than Automation. I got it to work in automation fine. Discovered my mis-reading of the suggestion when I found another user asking about the same thing. Now, off to the races!

Excellent!