Can I hide the relationship name?

I do not want to see relationship names on my physical diagram. I could not find an option to do this.

Assuming this option is only available in the latest beta, is it safe to use the beta version for production database design? When is the latest beta being released as final?

If you change the model using the beta version, can you open it using the release version, meaning can final and beta version share the same model file?

Please help.

Thanks a lot.

Hello,

Thanks for your questions. Let me reply.

I do not want to see relationship names on my physical diagram. I could not find an option to do this.

Hide relationship names option has been available since Beta 3.1.2 (current Beta is 3.1.3).
Please right-click the Workspace | WS Format | in the Worspace Format dialog, General tab, see checkbox 'Display Line Names'. Clear it to hide the names.

To change the settings for new models by default, see the Settings menu | Options | Physical/Logical model.

is it safe to use the beta version for production database design? When is the latest beta being released as final?
Well, Beta is Beta, however, TDM3 Beta is stable now and you can model in it without any worries and test new great features. If you compare official v. 3.0.13 and current Beta 3.1.3, you will see significant improvements. You can take advantage of using them now before another official version is released.
Anyway, next official release 3.1 will be launched soon (at the end of Q1/2008).
Date of final Beta release has not been determined yet.

If you change the model using the beta version, can you open it using the release version, meaning can final and beta version share the same model file?

Yes, TDM3 beta and official version share the same model file. You can open the models, work with them etc. in both versions.
You can install both versions on one machine, no problem should occur. Beta uses different folders for configuration files and other default directories than TDM3 commercial version.
Models created in Beta are stored at this location by default:
C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\Toad Data Modeler Beta\Models

Models created in commercial TDM3 are stored by default at:
C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\Toad Data Modeler\Models

If you have ANY questions, please write me back.

Enjoy exploring TDM3! :slight_smile:

Tip:
Flash movies are available at:
http://modeling.inside.quest.com/kbcategory.jspa?categoryID=116

Regards,

Vladka