Cannot connect to ToadWorld from inside Toad 12

Hi,

I recently upgraded to Toad for Oracle Xpert 12.0.0.61 and am trying out the ability to connect to Toadworld from inside Toad. I click Help | Toad World | Sign In or Register. I am prompted for my email and password. After about 30-45 seconds I receive, 10060: [10060] Connection timed out. I know my login and password are correct because I use them fine when opening Internet Explorer (IE) and navigating to www.toadworld.com.

Thanks for any help,

David

Do you use a proxy server?

Michael

On 07/15/2013 03:22 PM, david.osborne wrote:

y login and password are correct because I use them fine when opening Internet

In IE under LAN Settings I don’t have a proxy server, but I do have Automatic Configuration settings. I tried plugging that into the Toad proxy settings to no avail. Can you add a checkbox to “use IE connection settings”?

Well... Toad has a proxy server settings dialog that can auto detect your settings and allow you to further tweak them, but a bug in Toad 12 is preventing that from operating properly. If we do a patch release the issue will be resolved.
It's currently fixed in the 12.1 beta if you're a participant.

Michael

On 07/15/2013 04:32 PM, david.osborne wrote:

RE: Cannot connect to ToadWorld from inside Toad 12

Reply by david.osborne
In IE under LAN Settings I don't have a proxy server, but I do have Automatic Configuration settings. I tried plugging that into the Toad proxy settings to no avail. Can you add a checkbox to "use IE connection settings"?

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hello,

I’ve installed 12.1.1.1 hotfix right now, but toadworld connection (over proxy) still doesn’t work for me.

I get “HTTP 301 timeout” error

following appeared in toadworld.log

03/13/2014 10:29:24.785 AWS login started

03/13/2014 10:30:40.236 AWS login started

03/13/2014 10:32:02.282 AWS login exception

03/13/2014 10:34:12.452 AWS login exception

is it already fixed or what I’m doing wrong?

Hi,

Similar to David above, I recently upgraded to Toad Base Edition 12.5.1.1. However, I’m having difficulty connecting to Toad Word from within Toad.

After entering my username and password (which I know works as I’m able to login to Toad World via my web browser), 30 to 40 seconds later an error message pops up “10060: [10060] Connection timed out”.

Help anyone?

This is my third attempt at replying, the first two failed via email.

Can you access this URL within your web browser? https://qcs.quest.com/qcsservice.svc

You should see a page with the following text (I’d attach a screenshot, but that too is failing me. I give up.)…

“Endpoint not found. Please see the service help page for constructing valid requests to the service.”

Yes, the beta version: ToadForSQLServer_Beta_6.5.0.3159.zip has expired. A requestt for and update has been sent to Product management.

Yes I can access that URL.

Now what?

Do you use a proxy server? If so have you setup your proxy settings in View|Options|Online? If yes or if it does not apply then please add DEBUG=1 to the [SETTINGS] section of your Toad.ini (with Toad closed). Start Toad and reproduce the problem. Please email me your ToadWorld.log file in your User Files folder (same folder containing Toad.ini). You can send it to me offline. michael.staszewskiquest.com.

Thanks,
Michael

On 09/17/2014 05:25 AM, luqmaanfredericks wrote:

RE: Cannot connect to ToadWorld from inside Toad 12

Reply by luqmaanfredericks
Yes I can access that URL.

Now what?

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.
Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General notifications altogether.
Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.