Clicking on menu View, Start Page throws an error

Hi,

In the Toad Edge Preview, when I click on the menu View, Start Page, I get the following error. Also, “occurred” is misspelled.

The application has encountered a problem

Internal error has occured. It is recommended to restart the application.

error.png

Thanks in advance,

Mat

Thanks, Mat. We will look into it. Can you tell me what OS you are using - Win or Mac?

Thanks Julie. This is on Windows 7 SP1. Java version 8, update 131.

Hi, and please, click on See Details… button and post here the stack trace, thanks

m,

Let me know if you need anything else:

org.eclipse.e4.core.di.InjectionException: org.eclipse.core.commands.ExecutionException
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:65)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invokeUsingClass(InjectorImpl.java:282)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invoke(InjectorImpl.java:264)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.invoke(ContextInjectionFactory.java:132)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceHandler.execute(HandlerServiceHandler.java:152)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:494)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:488)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceImpl.executeHandler(HandlerServiceImpl.java:210)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.HandledContributionItem.executeItem(HandledContributionItem.java:433)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.AbstractContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(AbstractContributionItem.java:454)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.AbstractContributionItem$3.handleEvent(AbstractContributionItem.java:482)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4418)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1079)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4236)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3824)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$4.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1121)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1022)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:150)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:693)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:610)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:148)
at com.quest.toad.edge.mysql.common.AbstractEdgeApplication.start(AbstractEdgeApplication.java:67)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:-2)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:673)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:610)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1519)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1492)
Caused by: org.eclipse.core.commands.ExecutionException
at com.quest.toad.edge.mysql.common.handlers.StartPageHandler.execute(StartPageHandler.java:62)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:295)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.E4HandlerProxy.execute(E4HandlerProxy.java:90)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:-2)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:55)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invokeUsingClass(InjectorImpl.java:282)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invoke(InjectorImpl.java:264)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.invoke(ContextInjectionFactory.java:132)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceHandler.execute(HandlerServiceHandler.java:152)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:494)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:488)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceImpl.executeHandler(HandlerServiceImpl.java:210)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.HandledContributionItem.executeItem(HandledContributionItem.java:433)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.AbstractContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(AbstractContributionItem.java:454)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.AbstractContributionItem$3.handleEvent(AbstractContributionItem.java:482)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4418)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1079)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4236)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3824)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$4.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1121)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1022)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:150)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:693)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:610)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:148)
at com.quest.toad.edge.mysql.common.AbstractEdgeApplication.start(AbstractEdgeApplication.java:67)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:673)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:610)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1519)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1492)

Thanks,
Mat

Hi Mat - I heard from the development tea, that they have entered a defect for this and it will be addressed in the next release. Thanks!

Awesome! Thanks for the quick response, team!

Tested with TOAD Edge 1.0 Preview on Windows 7 and the error does not occur. Shutdown TOAD Edge and start As Administrator and does the error or exception still occur?

Hi Deepak,

Yes, the error still occurs when I shut down Toad Edge, and start it up by right clicking on the icon and selecting “Run As Administrator.”

The error is not because of TOAD Edge but due to the OS.

-Uninstall TOAD Edge

-Restart system

-Reinstall TOAD Edge

-Test connection

Or, test on a different machine.

Hi,

I uninstalled and reinstalled on my Windows 7 and still get that error.

I then installed on a Windows 2012 OS and also get that error.

Both of these environments are VMs hosted on Skytap.com.

Thanks,
Mat

Haven’t tested on VMs but on a local Windows 7 SP 1 does not have the same issue.

Could be due to insufficient CPU and RAM as a VM usually has limited OS resources.

How was the TOAD Edge binary file downloaded? Or was the binary file copied to the VM?

I opened a web browser within the VMs and downloaded the binary from toadworld.

The limited CPU and RAM could be a factor. Use a non-VM Windows and does the issue still occur?

Installing it on my laptop running Windows 10 does not have the error.

My VM has the following resources: Intel ® Xeon ® CPU X5650 @ 2.67ghz and 16.0 GB RAM.

Thanks,

Mat

VM is not a supported platform.

Refer Software requirements. VMs support is not included.
community-downloads.quest.com/…/6. System Requirements.htm

When VMs are supported a Virtualization Support listing is also provided as for TOAD Data Point.
support.quest.com/…/installation-guide

Hi Deepak,

I would not say that VM is not a supported platform, although it is true that we cannot thoroughly test each release on every VM/OS configuration. If an issue related to VM is discovered we can address it.

Installing it on my laptop running Windows 10 does not have the error.

The issue seems to have been fixed. Regrading VM, should be fine to install on VM with enough CPU and RAM.

Another issue with VM is hardware virtualization is required. Does the host on which the virtualizer is installed support hardware virtualization?

I am a bit late to the party on this but, I have ran across this error on my laptop (Windows 7) as well. Java information below.

Did not get the same issue on Windows 7 SP 1.

With multiple versions of Java installed which version is used? Toad Edge™ is distributed with Java Runtime Environment 1.8.0_101, which is the version to be used.