Toad Edge schema compare caused java.lang.IllegalArgumentException error

In Toad Edge I did a Schema Compare through UI Database menu and got java.lang.IllegalArgumentException error.

Hello Eugene,

Unfortunately, we are going to need more info about this.

If I understand correctly, you selected two databases in Object Explorer and used Context Menu option ‘Compare Databases’?

Did the error appear the moment you used the option, or did it appear during the Compare?

Also, it would be very helpful, If you could post the entire text of the error - there is an option to display and copy the text in the error dialog.

Below are solutions from Toad Support. It solved my issue.

"It looks like the issue may be caused by corrupted user files.

1. Close Toad Edge

2. Go to “C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software”.

3. Rename the Toad Edge folder to Toad Edge_OLD

4. Start Toad Edge

"

Hi, please send us also stack trace if it is possible, thanks.

And one more information, in two weeks there should be new version of Toad Edge available.

Miroslav Stanik

Hi Miroslav, Thanks for responding. My issue was addressed through support request.

Yes, that’s good news. Waiting to give the new version a try.

Thanks,

Eugene

From: Miroslav.Stanik bounce-MiroslavStanik@toadworld.com

Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 9:51 AM

To: toadedge@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [toad-edge - Forum] Toad Edge schema compare caused java.lang.IllegalArgumentException error

RE: Toad Edge schema compare caused java.lang.IllegalArgumentException error

Reply by Miroslav.Stanik

Hi, please send us also stack trace if it is possible, thanks.

And one more information, in two weeks there should be new version of Toad Edge available.

Miroslav Stanik

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Edge - Forum
notifications altogether.

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

This email and any attached files are confidential and intended solely for the intended recipient(s). If you are not the named recipient you should not read, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the author and do not represent those of Bible Study Fellowship. Warning: Although precautions have been taken to make sure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage that arise from the use of this email or attachments.