Compare Data - Update target with Selected rows from Source - not working.

I was trying to update the target with the differences from the source. Toad says data has been synchronized. Regardless of whether I do a commit or not, the compare still shows differences. I tried this in 12.1 on the same 2 tables and have the same problem. If I generate a script, it shows all the individual update statements (and insert statements). I have tried both the “Update with array DML” and “Update with regular update statement” options in the Synchronization tab. And I’ve tried the Sync Target with Source button under Synchronization tab. Am I missing something?

It works here when I try that. Does the script look right? When you use the “sync target with source” button, is it running the sql?

If you don’t see the problem, can you export your tables (just enough rows to duplicate the problem) and email them to me?

From: droeschley_109 [mailto:bounce-droeschley_109@toadworld.com]

Sent: Friday, March 07, 2014 12:36 PM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Compare Data - Update target with Selected rows from Source - not working.

Compare Data - Update target with Selected rows from Source - not working.

Thread created by droeschley_109

I was trying to update the target with the differences from the source. Toad says data has been synchronized. Regardless of whether I do a commit or not, the compare still shows differences.
I tried this in 12.1 on the same 2 tables and have the same problem. If I generate a script, it shows all the individual update statements (and insert statements). I have tried both the “Update with array DML” and “Update with regular update statement”
options in the Synchronization tab. And I’ve tried the Sync Target with Source button under Synchronization tab. Am I missing something?

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

The script looks correct - individual update statements for each row that needs to be updated. There are 1770 rows that need to be updated. Either button I use to do the Update/Sync comes back immediately with a popup that says data is synced, execute commit or rollback, can re-compare on uncommitted data. The database -> show SQL output does not display any update statements.

How would you like me to export a subset of the rows to send you?

Whatever way is convenient – a handful of insert statements from each table would be simplest for me.

Thanks.

From: droeschley_109 [mailto:bounce-droeschley_109@toadworld.com]

Sent: Friday, March 07, 2014 4:16 PM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Compare Data - Update target with Selected rows from Source - not working.

RE: Compare Data - Update target with Selected rows from Source - not
working.

Reply by droeschley_109

The script looks correct - individual update statements for each row that needs to be updated. There are 1770 rows that need to be updated. Either button I use to do the Update/Sync comes
back immediately with a popup that says data is synced, execute commit or rollback, can re-compare on uncommitted data. The database -> show SQL output does not display any update statements.

How would you like me to export a subset of the rows to send you?

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.