Thanks for the really detailed answer J it may take me some time to go through it, but I like the fact that I can set some defaults at model level, that will help!
I can give you more info though immediately on the spatial question, it must have been defaults applied as I did not specify any of the spatial properties when I created the index as a result of adding a new relationship. I have pasted the sql generated which doesn’t have any mention of spatial properties. I have also snipped a screenshot of the compare for that table (model left, db right). I have checked the properties page of the index in TDM and it does indeed have those values of MEDIUM and 16.
I don’t actually want any spatial properties and I am quite happy with the generated sql as it is so I will try emptying those properties out in the model and see what happens!
CREATE TABLE [platform_channel]
[ID] Int IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL,
[platform_id] Int NOT NULL,
[channel_id] Int NOT NULL,
[name] Nvarchar(256) NOT NULL,
[legacy_name] Nvarchar(256) NOT NULL,
[delivery_lead_time] Int NULL,
[created] Datetime NOT NULL,
[last_modified] Datetime NOT NULL
– Create indexes for table platform_channel
CREATE INDEX [IX_platform_platform_channel_FK] ON [platform_channel] ([platform_id])
CREATE INDEX [IX_channel_platform_channel_FK] ON [platform_channel] ([channel_id])
– Add keys for table platform_channel
ALTER TABLE [platform_channel] ADD CONSTRAINT [platform_channel_PK] PRIMARY KEY ([ID])
From: Daril [mailto:bounce-Daril@toadworld.com]
Sent: 08 March 2017 14:08
Subject: RE: [Toad Data Modeler - Discussion Forum] Comparing Model To SQL Server 2016 Database
RE: Comparing Model To SQL Server 2016 Database
Reply by Daril
This differences are due to default values. In Toad Data Modeler you don’t need specify all value at all, empty values are filled automatically by generate Create Script. Sometime by TDM logic and sometime by Default Value set in DB.
Remember Settings Changes in Compare Tool
I’m not sure if you use only Compare functionality, or Compare and Merge or Generate Change Script. There are more possibilities.
- You can save selection from compare tree and store it to file. See toolbar in Wizard and Buttons Import/Export Selection. It is accessible only for Generate Change Script, Merge Models and Convert Model. For MOdel compare you can not define selection.
- You can Define “Selected Object Types”. This settings is good, when you know that you never want compare some property as Collation for all objects in compare session. To store this selection you need switch on “Expert Mode” (Main Menu - Settings -Options - General - Expert Mode). When you have switch on Expert Mode, you will see in wizard on frame “Select Object Type” toolbar with button for save and load selection. Saved selection yo can repeatable use, or store all to Model Action(see next point).
- You can use Model Actions functionality. See Main Menu Windows - Model Actions. You can store actions with selections and use it again very quickly.
In Toad Data Modeler you can define Default value this value will be set when you create new object. Go to “Main Menu - Settings - Default Values” for all classes in current model, or on each dialog of object you can choose from popup menu “Default Values” only for current class.
When you leave empty Attribute Collation it will be set by default value set in db. You can after run create script on db run model update to set this values back to model.
When you leave empty Index Type it will be evaluated during generate Create Script by Toad Data Modeler. It dependent on Attribute data type. You can after run create script on db run model update to set this values back to model.
In this case I don’t understand well. Did you set index type to spatial, when you created index with spatial properties in Model? Maybe you can do this case more clear when you write example of index, and generated SQL code.
Retrospective set Default Values
I see two ways:
- Use Model update.
- Write some simple Macro or script for set properties. If you want write any macro or script you need switch on “Expert Mode”
To reply, please reply-all to this email.
Stop receiving emails on this subject.
Or Unsubscribe from Toad Data Modeler Forum notifications altogether.
Toad Data Modeler - Discussion Forum
Flag this post as spam/abuse.