and then re-inserting it at position 1:1, the result is

a
a
a
a

instead of

aa
aa

This worked fine with 12.7.1.11, and it also works when copying from 12.7 to 12.8, while it does not work when copying from 12.8 to 12.7.
Looks like pasting is fine, but copying seems to be broken.

As a workaround you can disable the copy in RTF option. Block copy is rather tricky with that option enabled and still needs some work it seems.

On 10/29/2015 08:43 AM, Peter Lang wrote:

Copying a block not working as expected

Thread created by Peter Lang
When block-selecting (Ctrl+Alt) and copying this block:

a

a

and then re-inserting it at position 1:1, the result is

a

a

a

a

instead of

aa

aa

This worked fine with 12.7.1.11, and it also works when copying from 12.7 to 12.8, while it does not work when copying from 12.8 to 12.7.

Looks like pasting is fine, but copying seems to be broken.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Thanks you. Was there any significant change, or why did it break between 12.7 and 12.8?

BTW: I did not upgrade my TOAD for a while, and I am really impressed by the speed of the new editor, and happy that block editing has been implemented. Well done!

Thanks. I'll have to compare 12.7 and 12.8. I'm not sure why it changed, but the nature of the edit control being in a DLL now and not supporting RTF clipboard natively makes for some interesting code to achieve RTF clipboard copy. It's been challenging and problematic to say the least. If you don't need RTF copy it's best to disable it. It also makes clipboard operations must faster with large selections.

Michael

On 10/29/2015 11:00 AM, Peter Lang wrote:

RE: Copying a block not working as expected

Reply by Peter Lang
Thanks you. Was there any significant change, or why did it break between 12.7 and 12.8?

BTW: I did not upgrade my TOAD for a while, and I am really impressed by the speed of the new editor, and happy that block editing has been implemented. Well done!

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.